downtown disney dilemma

mikebel

Earning My Ears
HI all

Ive been following the deals floating around the net and found that the Downtown Disney Hotels have deals for as low as 99$ per night and includes 4 day park hoppers for 2 people.

That looks very appealing. Which Downtown Disney Hotel would you recommend?

We have stayed at the Courtyard several times and have never been disappointed. Can't comment on any of the others.

Try to avoid the Grosvenor. The hotel is getting really run down. I visited the Wyndham Palace last year and it looked very nice. That's probably the one I'd try to get. $99 is a good rate. Have fun!

I'll be staying at the Lake Buena Vista Best Western next week. Look for my trip report, I'll give a detailed review of the hotel.

9 DAYS TO GO!!!! WOOHOO!!! :D :bounce: :jester: :earsgirl: :crazy: :wave:

Thanks for the responses...

So I am assumming that the Downtown hotels are not on the same level as Resorts that are within the Park itself?

The diffeence in price between three nights in a Downdown Disney Hotel (with the park passes included in the package) and, say the Grand Floridian or Polynisean can add up to $600-700. Thats a big difference for a three day trip. I gues the real question is, is it worth it? If i spend $700 more on a hotel, i want to feel the differennce in quality at every turn.....

Grovesnor resort at Downtown Disney on the Orlando Hotels and Attractions board by guests who have stayed there recently this year returning not to long ago; posted a couple weeks back if interested. Hope this helps.

I have seen some ads for a rate like this......Is this $ 99.00 per night per person for a minimum stay of say 4 nights? If so, I would rethink it and stay at the All Stars and buy my own passes. If not you got a super deal. I hate it when an ad misleads you and later you find out and get your bubble burst.

I hope you get the rate you want.

Sam

Could you post the specifics of the deal(s) when you find out? There's a few DD hotels that look real nice to me especially if that is a double occupancy price. Thanks!

We were at the Hilton last Nov. While it is a very nice hotel, the transportation is not very good. The busses stop at all the hotels, yes I said all the hotels, until the bus is full, only then do you head for the parks. They do not take you to the front gate at MK only to the TTC where you must catch the boat or the monorail. Finially you wait to be picked up at MK in the middle of the parking lot. While the hotel is very nice we kept saying we wished we were really "on-site". The second day we rented a car we just didn't want to waist time with the bus situation. :)

I agree about the DD bus service. It is very slow, the buses do not arrive on schedule, and they do stop at every hotel. If you're lucky, the driver won't get out periodically for a cigarette. We never came back for a midday rest, because it just took too much time. The bus picks up at spot #26 in the parking lot at every park. This spot is the only one I noticed that usually had a long line of people waiting for a bus. We waited almost 50 minutes one evening to be picked up from MK. I'd stay at the All Stars before DD again.

Once again, this is a situation where it pays to read the fine print! The deal you linked to, Mike, is $99 per PERSON per room.....Bringing your cost to $200/day for accomodations and tickets, and that is just staying at the Best Western. I'm pretty sure you can find a better deal if you poke around. :)

Susanne

There are some good rates to be had for all the DD hotels on the Orlando Hotel Discounts link at the top of the page, or Click here!.

I have stayed at the Royal Plaza several times and always found it a good, clean and well-priced hotel.

MplsDisney - we always rent a car so I can not comment on the buses. A few years ago my sister-in-law and her friend came with us. They are sweet people and I love them, but they are not the sharpest knives in the drawer, if you know what I mean. Other than getting on the wrong bus once, they were able to get around on the DD buses when they were not with us. If they could do it anyone can. In addition to the DD bus system, I think they walked to DD Marketplace and caught some buses there. However, I recommend getting a car - it makes it so much easier to get around, especially with young kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter