Downtown disney parking

Not that I'm aware of. They don't want people parking there for the theme parks. You could walk through Downtown Disney to get there if you needed to enter the parks, though. Or use the Monorail station which is closer to where you'd be entering Downtown Disney.

I'll add a caveat that I don't endorse breaking Disney's rules. Depending how long you're planning to spend in the park, you might end up actually spending more to be parked in the Downtown Disney lot than if you had just paid to park in, say, the parking structure ($35 vs $66 maximum in DTD).

thanks renegade. No, i wasn't going to park there. walk from the westin to the lot then hop a shuttle, tram. first time going to DL and still getting my bearings on walking from westin

thanks renegade. No, i wasn't going to park there. walk from the westin to the lot then hop a shuttle, tram. first time going to DL and still getting my bearings on walking from westin

I hope you have a great first visit! It's a shame the hotel doesn't offer a shuttle service of their own but with how close they are, I guess I kind of understand. Google maps puts your walk at about 25 minutes from the Westin to the park entrances. Here's a screenshot I took, I added where the Monorail station is, in case that helps at all. Another option I suppose you could utilize would be an Uber/Lyft service. But because the distance is super short, I'd tip your driver nicely for something like that and factor that into expenditures, if going that route.

Screenshot 2024-04-10 125206.png

If it were me, I would considering following the pink line I added and going through downtown disney rather then looping all the way around. You can either enter the park at the monorail station or if you want to go through the front gate can continue on through downtown disney to it as well. We stayed next to westin not to long ago and found the walk down disneyland drive to be better plus the security entrance seemed to go much quicker on that end. Not to mention you feel more like you are in Disney going through downtown disney then you do walking the main streets. Just a thought.

Disney.png

I agree with @Howry, if you are going to walk, definitely use the left blue line rather than the dotted one. Both are available options to you, which I hope was clear in the original image.

Definitely go the way of Disneyland Drive. We did and the security to get into DTD was so light every time! Harbor security can get bad! It only took us about 10-15 minutes to get to the security point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter