Dr. Pimple Popper

I have to second that. These people have lived with mis-diagnosis and rejection for so long, if any doctor, be it Dr. Lee or not, can bring them closure, then all power to them!
::yes:: And as jaded as we've become about reality tv shows, I genuinely think exposure like this can give regular people, out there in fly-over land, hope they didn't know existed for their own conditions.

::yes:: And as jaded as we've become about reality tv shows, I genuinely think exposure like this can give regular people, out there in fly-over land, hope they didn't know existed for their own conditions.

Here on TV, there are similar "help me" shows. Long Lost Families, where orphan's histories are researched into and long lost mothers and fathers are reunited with their children after decades of separation. And The Repair Shop, where meaningful items such as instruments and trinkets are fully restored and mended to keep their memories alive with their owners for so much longer :)

Articles on Dr. Pimple Popper say they get free medical care, travel, hotel and food, but no additional cash.
Judge shows, even the spectators are paid. Many are actors working as extras. I don't think who wins changes the compensation. The show pays the award, and every party there gets a talent fee. Probably union scale. But air travel hotel and meals.
So it's kind of like Queen For a Day back in the day with Jack Bailey? Except with a complimentary surgery rather than a washer and dryer?

I actually thought this was about the Seinfeld episode where Jerry dates a dermatologist.

Sounds like another disgusting "reality" show, in the vein of that "who's your daddy" show. You have to scratch your head where they come up with shows like these, one whackier than the next. And probably more strange, what kind of people are the viewers.
Not in that vein at all. It helps people who sometimes have dealt with issues for decades.

I love this show! It's so satisfying to see the people after they have been treated. I figured they got free medical treatment but no cash payment. I also love watching "My Feet are Killing Me." It is amazing what some people can live with on their feet.

I love this show! It's so satisfying to see the people after they have been treated. I figured they got free medical treatment but no cash payment. I also love watching "My Feet are Killing Me." It is amazing what some people can live with on their feet.
That one is even more breathtaking - I almost physically feel the pain of some of those shocking cases. Who among us can’t relate, at least a little bit? Imagine having to gut-it-out every day with your feet feeling like you’ve just done 12 hours at WDW on hot pavement in bad sandals? :scared:

I also find it really interesting that the doctors have specialized in this; who knew there was so much to know about feet? It’s not a very glamorous branch of medicine.

Articles on Dr. Pimple Popper say they get free medical care, travel, hotel and food, but no additional cash.
Judge shows, even the spectators are paid. Many are actors working as extras. I don't think who wins changes the compensation. The show pays the award, and every party there gets a talent fee. Probably union scale. But air travel hotel and meals.
That just doesn't seem right IMO.

If Dr. Lee was just doing the shows as "Training Videos" to only be shown to Medical Students the free care only would be appropriate I think.

But this is a FOR PROFIT TV show-if someone is going to allow something so personal as a huge Lipoma being removed from their rear to be shown on TV,they should receive a nice "appearance fee" in addition to the free care and travel expenses.

That just doesn't seem right IMO.

If Dr. Lee was just doing the shows as "Training Videos" to only be shown to Medical Students the free care only would be appropriate I think.

But this is a FOR PROFIT TV show-if someone is going to allow something so personal as a huge Lipoma being removed from their rear to be shown on TV,they should receive a nice "appearance fee" in addition to the free care and travel expenses.

Why do you care whether they get paid or not? It's not like the people are being exploited. They seek this out to get help and I would imagine that is enough after years and years of seeing crappy doctors who can't or won't help. This show has thousands of applicants every season. It's HARD to get on the show. I bet the people who get chosen feel like they have won the lottery.

It's also probably worth pointing out, not everyone is precious about the privacy of their health or body. Lots of people like the attention. I don't like attention or public scrutiny, BUT I also don't care who knows about my health. I find the privacy laws around health care a bit over the top, to be honest. I understand the reasoning behind HIPAA, but it's more of a hindrance than anything in my own personal life. It would be much easier if all my doctors could freely share my heath records without me having to give them all written permission every single time. I will talk about my health issues with anyone who wants to hear it. I couldn't care less. I'm an open book that way. I get that not everyone else is.

Why do you care whether they get paid or not? It's not like the people are being exploited. They seek this out to get help and I would imagine that is enough after years and years of seeing crappy doctors who can't or won't help. This show has thousands of applicants every season. It's HARD to get on the show. I bet the people who get chosen feel like they have won the lottery.

It's also probably worth pointing out, not everyone is precious about the privacy of their health or body. Lots of people like the attention. I don't like attention or public scrutiny, BUT I also don't care who knows about my health. I find the privacy laws around health care a bit over the top, to be honest. I understand the reasoning behind HIPAA, but it's more of a hindrance than anything in my own personal life. It would be much easier if all my doctors could freely share my heath records without me having to give them all written permission every single time. I will talk about my health issues with anyone who wants to hear it. I couldn't care less. I'm an open book that way. I get that not everyone else is.
Right. And judging by the "gal" in your profile name, it's not like you have control over your own body anyway if you live in this country. 🙄

Last edited:
Best one of these if you can stomach it, is a an amateur job of a guy who has allowed an enormous puss filled cist to form, before someone persuaded him to squeeze it in his yard. It is like plates of custard squirting from his back. Just search on Youtube for backyard cyst popping if you are sick enough to watch that.
is it just me, but I cannot fathom why people don’t pop this stuff themselves, before it becomes the size of a second head? Weird.

Many people are afraid of doctors or afraid that they will be told something is worse than it is (cancer etc) so they just don't seek medical treatment. Others can't afford it or have no easy access to it.

I only watch her channel on YouTube since I don’t have cable. It’s a good show, from what I’ve seen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter