• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dreams Unlimited

Loftus

Don't vote...it only encourages them.
I am thinking of using them to book an All Stars room for our planned trip next February.
Anyone have any experience with them?

I haven't personally - but have only ever read good reports about Dreams.

FionaUK has used them, and maybe Hilary? I am sure they will come along and give you some helpful info later :)

Do let us know how you get on and what you decide :)

I've used them :)

Very simple indeed, everything is done either via the website quotes/payments or via email with your Personal Agent.

You start with a quote where you are given X-amount of time to make a decision and have it on hold at the quoted rate. If you decide to go ahead and book, your agent will then look after you from then on, they periodically check for any new special offers/discounts on your behalf and will automatically apply them to your reservation if they can. They will also assist you with your trip planning, answer questions and book PS's on your behalf. All the same cancellation rules apply as if you are booking direct with Disney.

I was more than happy and I'd use them again in a heartbeat as long as they got me the cheapest quote :)

Penny :)

I did get quotes from Dreams, but unfortunately they couldn't match the rate I was able to get from mousesavers web site. It was something to do with special offer dates. As long as I booked our first night on or before the last night of the special offer, the offer rate applied for the whole of our stay (in our case through the peak time President's weekend.) Dreams could only book at the offer price up to the last day, and then the price reverted to standard room rate after. I've no idea why there was this discrepency, I was disappointed as Dreams were so helpful and I felt a traitor not booking through them!!

Perhaps they can only book through the WDW Travel Company and not Central Reservations Office, I don't know. CRO give better cancellation terms etc, so try and book through them if you can.

Hopefully, you can get a good rate through Dreams, and once they have your reservation they do all the leg work for you, booking PSs etc (even Cinderella's Royal Table apparantly!!)

Fiona, how far ahead did you book your trip that ran thru Presidents Day? That is when I am looking at for next year - I don't imagine any discount codes or such will be released until much later.
Do you think I should call CRO and make a booking now just to hold a room?I think you can cancel up to 5 days before travel and get your deposit refunded.
Any advice is welcome as this is the first time I have tried to do this DIY.

Ta

Doug

As far as I understand it, you can book a room now, and then when the codes are published you can call back and ask for them to be applied to your existing reservation.

I also tried DU but could get a better rate using a code on MouseSavers myself.

Bev

I used DU for three trips - so I guess that means I must have been satisfied the first time!

On the first trip, we travelled over New Year, so didn't manage to get any discounts, but hadn't expected to at that time of year. What was a <b>huge</b> bonus for me was the fact that I just gave my DU agent a list of the PSs I was hoping to get - and she got them all without me having to make any phone calls :)

On the second trip, DU got me a Disney Club rate for our DxL room, then switched it to a better AP rate, then got such a great deal that we switched for the whole time in DxL instead of half and half with ASMu, because DxL was cheaper!

By the time of the third trip booked with DU, we'd bought into DVC, so cancelled the DU booking without penalty.

Yes, I'm sure I could have got the same rates myself through CRO, but I enjoyed letting someone else do the donkey work for me (and it doesn't cost a penny). I can't recommend them highly enough from my own experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter