• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Drinking Around the World Tips & Tricks?

Last time this was the list:

Italy - Moretti Lager Draft
Germany - Radeberger Pils Draft
China - Tsing Tao (bottle) - by far the worst
Norway - Carlsberg Draft
Bonus in Norway - Einstök White Ale Draft
México- Modelo Especial Draft
Canada - La Fin Du Monde
UK - Guiness Draft
France - Kronenbourg 1664 (bottle)
Morocco - Alamaza Pilsner (bottle)
Japan - Kirin Draft

My advice: start in China if you are doing a beer only tour...Tsing Tao should be gotten out of the way first

Pace yourself! There is no need to rush around the world drinking, take your time. World showcase opens at 11am & you have until Illuminations to enjoy your day.
Remember to drink WATER! I cannot stress this enough. WATER, WATER, WATER! Alcohol, dehydrates you.
Make sure to eat something before you drink.
Have a snack with each drink to help absorb the alcohol.
DO NOT MIX DRINKS! Stick to either beer, or wine, or mixed drinks.
Don't get to drunk. Remember there are families/children in Epcot also.
I like to start in Mexico and work my way around. Always La Cava!
Have FUN!

Take your time, drink lots of water, EAT! (as everyone else has said)
My friend & I did this last January, but "cheated" and had tea in China & coffee in the American pavilion. (We're not beer drinkers & couldn't find anything else that worked). We frequently had some sort of snack with our drinks instead of a full meal. (We did this in the late afternoon to evening - start of Illuminations) Faoite "snack" was bread & cheese with a glass of red wine at Les Halle's Boulangerie-Patisserie in France.
Have fun!

My best friend and I are planning to go during the F&W Festival, and I think we will do this over two days so we can try EVERYTHING without getting blitz out of our minds. I thinks this will be an amazing trip. Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

Is there any penalty in doing a drink at every country over 2 or 3 nights? :) All in 1 night is a real lot, almost to the point of passing out lol

DH and I do this when we go. What works for us is a double loop. We usually start early afternoon, have ADR somewhere on the showcase, pick a side and start every othe country. Example: start with Mexico, drink, shop, carry drink to Norway, shop/snack, go to China, drink... repeat until Canada, reverse and get drinks at the countries you didn't the first time around. It paces it well so you don't get overwhelmed, sick, or make a complete fool of yourself.

As many have said - Water. A few times DW and I would get one drink and one water, and share them, and that worked well. But she does not like beer (yeah, I missed that vital bit of info during the courtship), so usually we don't do it that way. But we will get a water to go, as others have said. The outside temperature also has a drastic effect, so go slower during daylight hours.

Once you are done, ride Mission Space and you get to taste all the drinks again on the way up. The only ride at Disney where air sickness bags are provided (well, Captain EO used the have them too).

Lots of water and a beer in each country? I hope you are never more than 3 steps from a bathroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter