Driving/Parking Planning Time?

djironic

Earning My Ears
We will be driving from Disney Springs to the parks for ETPE four days next week.

How long should it take us to get from the DS hotel to the parking lots for the parks? Is it fairly close to what is predicted by Google Maps?

Once we get to the parking lot, how long will it take to get in and parked if we are 45-60 minutes before park open? Are they running trams at all the parking lots or are they just at TTP parking?

I'm presuming that the best transportation from the parking area to MK is the monorail - would that be correct? How long is the wait for the monorail at the TTP first thing in the morning?

Thanks for the help!

We have found the Google Maps predictions to be very solid - perhaps take a look at Maps a few mornings now, around the time you'd be traveling to the parks - probably gives you a decent indication.

Currently, it appears the only trams running are MK, but that could change at any point. But as long as you walk at a decent pace (not too fast, not too slow!), it's likely to be a 5-10 minute walk to the main entrances of the park. 45-60 minutes sounds like a decent prediction. And finally, we would take the express monorail from TTC to MK - we've found that to be the fastest most trips.

How long should it take us to get from the DS hotel to the parking lots for the parks? Is it fairly close to what is predicted by Google Maps?
Yes. I've found Google Maps to be quite accurate. I'd add 50% to the time early in the morning just to be safe.
Once we get to the parking lot, how long will it take to get in and parked if we are 45-60 minutes before park open?
To get in and parked should take less than 10 minutes. Then add another 5 minutes from you car to the transportation options.
I'm presuming that the best transportation from the parking area to MK is the monorail - would that be correct? How long is the wait for the monorail at the TTP first thing in the morning?
Not always. Sometimes the Ferry can be the best transportation from the parking area to MK.

The Monorails run every 10 minutes or so first thing in the morning.

Sound like you are trying to time this journey to the minute. :)

Sound like you are trying to time this journey to the minute. :)

It does look like that, doesn't it? lol

Well, we aren't morning people to begin with. Add on a two-hour time shift backwards (plus the recent DST) and the early mornings are going to be absolutely brutal for us! So even twenty minutes might be precious when we are getting up in what is essentially the middle of the night for us, lol. Especially our AK morning when we may have to get up at 5:30a (which will feel like 3:30a to us).

I do appreciate the feedback. I just wanted to make sure that things go relatively smoothly in the mornings, which it sounds like they do. I don't like surprises! At least, not unpleasant ones, lol...

I'm not sure how much help this will be, since we only went from Disney Springs to a park once, but we left Disney Springs at 2:32 and were park at Animal Kingdom at 2:55 one day. Note, it was not morning.

Related question(s):

We are staying at AKL and we'd like to get to the TTC as early as possible on a day when the general public can get into MK at 9:00, EP at 8:30, HS at 8:00, and AK at 7:30. I read, "the parking toll booths typically open 1 hour before the park's published opening time." I also read, "Bus service between Disney Resort hotels and Disney theme parks begins 45 minutes prior to opening..."

Given the staggered opening times, as well as ETPE for staying at AKL, what would be the earliest we could arrive at the TTC, and would we be better off driving, or taking a bus?

Thanks!

Related question(s):

We are staying at AKL and we'd like to get to the TTC as early as possible on a day when the general public can get into MK at 9:00, EP at 8:30, HS at 8:00, and AK at 7:30. I read, "the parking toll booths typically open 1 hour before the park's published opening time." I also read, "Bus service between Disney Resort hotels and Disney theme parks begins 45 minutes prior to opening..."

Given the staggered opening times, as well as ETPE for staying at AKL, what would be the earliest we could arrive at the TTC, and would we be better off driving, or taking a bus?

Thanks!
There are no buses directly to the TTC unless you are coming from a non-Disney resort. I would recommend just taking the bus directly to MK. I always advise against driving to the TTC, since it adds at least 1-2 extra steps, and lots of extra time, to get into MK.

There are no buses directly to the TTC unless you are coming from a non-Disney resort. I would recommend just taking the bus directly to MK. I always advise against driving to the TTC, since it adds at least 1-2 extra steps, and lots of extra time, to get into MK.
Thanks. What I didn't mention was the goal is to go for a run/jog around Seven Seas Lagoon as early as we can - not to go to MK.

We'd like to start at the TTC, run through the grounds of the Polynesian, then the GF, around to at least the Ferry stop near the MK, and then double back to the TTC, which I think will get us close to 3 miles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter