Driving, taking food?

MaryannF

<font color=purple>Very interesting...<br><font co
My husband drove to Syracuse, N.Y. last week. While crossing the border into the States he was asked if he was carrying any food, or fruit. He wasn't, but it got him to wondering about our trip to WDW in August. I had planned on packing a case of water, pop, box of cereal, and munchies for the trip. Does anyone know if there are restrictions on what you can take across? Has anyone successfully carried these items with them? A friend told us that that they had to take the fruit out of their cooler and leave it at the border a few years ago due to a problem with fruit flies at the time. I always feel uncomfortable at the border and this will add to the anxiety.

I always take food in my cooler, as well as a Rubbermaid bucket full of muchies, cereals, raisins, etc. I have been specifically asked about fruit, and have always told them the truth. I don't take any citrus fruit, but I have taken apples, bananas and grapes. They have asked "what colour" are the apples and grapes (I know, pretty weird) and where I purchased them, but they have never confiscated any of it. I would take it, tell them if they ask, and if they want to throw it out, let them.

We had snacks with us last year and while most of it was ok to bring into the U.S., we had to leave the clementines we were carrying at the border.

We just returned from driving to FL. We weren't asked about bringing food in or out of either country. We had one of those plug in coolers and it was plain as day in our hatchback. I am glad I didn't know there were restrictions regarding food cuz I would have been a nervous wreck going threw the border.

We drove into the states on Sunday and returned tonight! I packed a ton of food, including veggies and friuts. There was a sign before entering the states stating we had to declare fruits. We were asked about alcohol and tobacco, but not fruits and veggies. Same question on the way home. I've walked onto airplanes eating apples and no way asked if I was bringing fruit into the states. S

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter