Driving to parks questions

mickeyx2

Mouseketeer
This is the first trip we've made driving down. We'll be staying at AKL and I hoped someone could tell me a bit about parking at the theme parks. My understanding is that at MK you park and then have to go to TTC in order to get into the park? Is this correct? How about the other 3 parks? I also have an AP. I don't pay for parking do I?? Thanks so much in advance. I'm not planning on driving alot but from what I understand AKL is quite far out and it may be more conveinent to drive. Any help is appreciated!

As you are staying at AKL (on site), parking (except if you want valet parking) is free everywhere as it is free to all Disney resort guests--the AP accomplishes the same thing. At MK, you park in large lot outside TTC, take tram to TTC and then monorail or boat to MK--bus trip to and from MK is actually faster as bus goes directly to front gate area. At other parks you park at large lot outside of park itself and take tram from lane where you park to front gate--driving to AK, Epcot, and MGM is faster than bus although not hugely faster. Always much faster by car, by large margin, to anywhere else--like Downtown Disney or another resort.

Ditto. We always drive to each park and have found the tram service at each to be pretty quick and convenient.

We were there the beginning of last month (OKW) and only used the bus once, to MK on Saturday night. The longest trip is to MK, I timed it one day at 25 minutes, front door to MK front gate. I don't think that is much longer than the bus considering the time it takes the bus to travel around OKW and pickup people. I love driving at WDW, the roads are nice and clearly marked (especially compared to PA!). I would never want to go back to depending on bus transportation. I can't stand being crowded into a bus like sardines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter