• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Driving to Riviera/Primo Piatto?

Bmlors

Mouseketeer
DVC Silver
I've read a lot of info on this and don't believe there's a simple or cost free solution, but wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions. Here's my scenario:

We are visiting Universal in November and staying at Universal. We will have two vehicles. We have a daughter who is celiac and would love to go to Primo Piatto for some of their GF options. So I'd love to just drive into Riviera to eat dinner at PP, but everything I'm reading now says they've cracked down on parking without an ADR (even if we were to mobile order at PP). It appears the only real option is to pay to park at HS, then take the Skyliner over...but I'm really not wanting to drop $50 on parking for a single quick service meal in the evening. I don't think it matters or helps, but we are DVC members at OKW. On a normal Disney trip, we'd have free parking since we'd be staying on property, but this trip is a Universal trip.

So...am I missing any way to make this work?

I've read a lot of info on this and don't believe there's a simple or cost free solution, but wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions. Here's my scenario:

We are visiting Universal in November and staying at Universal. We will have two vehicles. We have a daughter who is celiac and would love to go to Primo Piatto for some of their GF options. So I'd love to just drive into Riviera to eat dinner at PP, but everything I'm reading now says they've cracked down on parking without an ADR (even if we were to mobile order at PP). It appears the only real option is to pay to park at HS, then take the Skyliner over...but I'm really not wanting to drop $50 on parking for a single quick service meal in the evening. I don't think it matters or helps, but we are DVC members at OKW. On a normal Disney trip, we'd have free parking since we'd be staying on property, but this trip is a Universal trip.

So...am I missing any way to make this work?
You could park (for free) at Disney Springs and take a bus to Riviera.

You could park (for free) at Disney Springs and take a bus to Riviera.

Thanks, I should have mentioned that -- I did think about that, but I'm guessing that we're probably adding an extra hour or more to dinner by doing this. We'll be going at Universal until probably 6 or 7pm, so was hoping to keep this to as short of a time period as possible. Am I thinking correctly that it's probably at least an hour in travel time to bus back/forth between Riv & DS? We've stayed at Riviera, but didn't ever pay attention to the bus frequency to/from DS in the evenings.

Am I thinking correctly that it's probably at least an hour in travel time to bus back/forth between Riv & DS? We've stayed at Riviera, but didn't ever pay attention to the bus frequency to/from DS in the evenings.
Buses should depart approx. every 20 minutes and the bus ride itself is about 10 minutes.

We wanted to eat there last weekend (we were staying at Yacht Club and planned to take the Skyliner from Studios to Riviera and then to IG at Epcot), but the app said mobile order at PP was restricted to guests actually staying at Riviera. We ended up eating an early dinner at Studios both because of the warning and also thunderstorms in the area.

We wanted to eat there last weekend (we were staying at Yacht Club and planned to take the Skyliner from Studios to Riviera and then to IG at Epcot), but the app said mobile order at PP was restricted to guests actually staying at Riviera. We ended up eating an early dinner at Studios both because of the warning and also thunderstorms in the area.
That happened to me in April when I was staying at GF and trying to order from Contempo Cafe. I just took the monorail over and was able to order once I was in the Contemporary.

That happened to me in April when I was staying at GF and trying to order from Contempo Cafe. I just took the monorail over and was able to order once I was in the Contemporary.
Good to know, thanks. We plan on trying to eat QS at RIV while staying Boardwalk. Last trip in January we drove over from Poly to Contemporary twice to eat at Contempo. The first guard said it was fine because we were staying at Poly, the second guard made us hit the "I'm Here' button before letting us go park, lol. Guess he wanted to make sure we weren't just using an order to park close to MK and then cancelling the order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter