Droid build for two children

Tiggerish

DIS Veteran
As I understand it, for the Droid Depot it is the builder plus one person. Both of my nephews want to do it and I see that I can book for two builders. But how does one person observe/help two builders. Each of the boys will want/need their Mom's assistance as one is on the autism scale and the other is 6 yo. Or, should I book two separate appointments at different times.

I am available to entertain the child who would not be building but I would be of no use in helping with the actual building as I have only seen the first Star Wars movie and that was when it was first released!

As I understand it, for the Droid Depot it is the builder plus one person. Both of my nephews want to do it and I see that I can book for two builders. But how does one person observe/help two builders. Each of the boys will want/need their Mom's assistance as one is on the autism scale and the other is 6 yo. Or, should I book two separate appointments at different times.

I am available to entertain the child who would not be building but I would be of no use in helping with the actual building as I have only seen the first Star Wars movie and that was when it was first released!
Hello! The droid build is super simple and you don’t really need any knowledge of the movies to put one together. They also have cast members readily available for any assistance you might need throughout the process.

when we had 2 reservations, for dad and daughter with wife helping daughter, we went and picked out our parts from a conveyor belt. They have a build sheet with 4 parts you need to grab. You get to choose your own colors. Then they held us until 2 build spaces were open next to each other. At the build station, you fit the pieces together, you really can’t mess them up, then use a screwdriver to fasten the parts in place. There’s usually a cast member nearby watching and can help with any issues or answer questions. Once it’s built, the cast member helps you activate the droid, then you’re all done. Probably takes 20-30 minutes from start to finish.

that being said, I’d book them together and just have fun helping with the experience. It’s pretty fun and exciting once you get going.

You'll definitely need two reservations if all 3 are to participate. The extra guest would be the person helping. They would not allow both of your nephews in with their mother. Just one and mom.

*edit* Now that I think about it, what if it's a trip with just Mom and the 2 boys and no one else is present? Disney would have to let the other child in or tell you you can't participate in the experience. I'd think they'd let the third person in, but that person can't interact with the droid building process in any way.

I could be wrong there, though, and Disney would say you can't do it. I don't know?

Thanks for the information. We went with the one reservation for two builders. Their Mom says between their Grandmother, their 14 yo cousin and their two Aunts, we can figure out a second person to observe one of the boys. If I were the boys, I would pick their Grandmother because she is the most likely to fund those tempting but expensive add-ons and one of their Aunts (me) is notoriously tightfisted. :)

Thanks for the information. We went with the one reservation for two builders. Their Mom says between their Grandmother, their 14 yo cousin and their two Aunts, we can figure out a second person to observe one of the boys. If I were the boys, I would pick their Grandmother because she is the most likely to fund those tempting but expensive add-ons and one of their Aunts (me) is notoriously tightfisted. :)
The add ons are fun. I waited til I got home to realize I wanted a couple and the only place to find them is ebay for double the cost. You can find the personality chips on ShopDisney online, but not the extras for the R series droids. Definitely something to think about while there 😁.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter