Drum Corps anyone?

OrlandoMike

<font color=red>all I can say is beer hurts when i
Another hobby of mine, just wondered if anyone else on this board was into it.

I attended finals in Buffalo, and am on call for emercency "cook duty" this summer for about three corps, so you never know. Buffalo was great for finals!

As far as Phanton goes, great corps, I loved them last year!

Their opener the year they won gave me a woody!!

Always a favorite, know a few people who marched Phantom.

Minnesota boy here who grew up loving Madison (thank you Cesario for putting them in tight pants! HAHAHA) Many suprises to come from the boys in Green this summer!!!

Phantom has the most gorgeous sound year in and out. 2003 is the epitomy of what a corp should sound like.

Have a HUGE spot in my heart for SCV after attending my first finals in 1987 in Madison. Have tickets for this year. Will be great to take a weekend to head out of Arizona and go back to Cheeseland.

Hope to see a corp or 3 marching at Disneyland next year when finals comes to the Rose Bowl!

Don't forget about the DCI Classics thing this Thursday at a movie theater near you!

Peace!

-Pat

ps...watch out for the return of the BLUE STARS this year!!!!

Your not kidding about the surprises from the boys from Mad Town!

From what I hear the new guard uniforms will shock and awe!

I always love when girls "swoon" over those boys! LOL

I have looked into forming an ROTC here in Orlando, and some day if I ever get any spare time, I might.

Another DCI fan here. I was lucky enough to see the finals in Denver a couple of years ago. I would have loved to have seen them in Boston last year, but ot didn't happen.

DH was in drum corps through high school, and even in early college, when we met. Phamtom was my favorite back then (I'm talking the 70's). :sunny:

Had to chime in here when I saw the Drum Corps title. If you go to watch the DCI classics this Thursday, I'm in the Bridgemen that year. We were awesome!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I have to work so I will miss the DCI at the movies this year, what years did you march Bridgemen? I marched "Gahfield" early 80's. On the field you guys amazed me, off the field you scared me! LOL

OrlandoMike said:
I attended finals in Buffalo, and am on call for emercency "cook duty" this summer for about three corps, so you never know. Buffalo was great for finals!

If you're going to be here this year make sure you let me know - we can have a mini-meet! Every year I see the commercials on TV and I think I should go to it but I never make it ... maybe this year.

Well if I am on cook duty, I will have little time to play. You usually get to go into the show for a while, but there is one more meal to prepare before the corps leave on the road for the night, so even that has it's limitations....

Ahhh sleeping on gym floors, taking cold showers, cooking over 600 meals a day in a kitchen on wheels, now thats what I call a vacation! LOL

Love the drum corp, and always wanted to join when I was back in high school.. but I never did. :guilty:

Some of my favs include Phantom, Carolina Crown, Cavaliers, Cadets ... (ha, the list goes on and on).

Just thinking about it makes me wanna go pickup a euphonium!

OrlandoMike said:
I marched "Gahfield" early 80's.
'83 "Gahfield" was the first experience I had with seeing drum corps...I was a freshman and they practiced at my H.S. for the day...totally blew me away! I was amazed that moving even a step at attention was worth 50? pushups!?!
I never did march Jr. Corps, but did a few years (89-97) being a weekend warrior in Sr. Corps. My DH played lead sop with the Bluecoats (86-89) along with many more years in Sr. Corps (we met in corps). He knows so much more 'history' of the activity than I do!

"My DH played lead sop with the Bluecoats (86-89) along with many more years in Sr. Corps"

Big standing O for your husband during that time. That was some real Jazz on the field. Loved Autumn Leaves.

And as a guard/hornline crossover person, a 21 person snareline was only outdone by the Bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucoats putting the entire colorguard on sop for the closing!!

Senior Corps brought me so many close friends in life. I wish more people were out there supporting the ageless summer warriors!

Peace!

Yes, Garfield 83 was truly a piece of art. One of the few undefeated corps in DCI history! (Well they did loose pre-lims to SCV, but back in those days finals was considered one show) Don't know if you noticed the female Melophone soloist they had that year, she had a prosthesis for one arm, that girl not only had the lips of an angel, but she never missed a pushup, and as I recall, she did them boys style! She was my bus partner one year, what a great person! Her dad was also a Cadet!

WOW pushups! I almost forgot how many hundred of those I did!

RENThead09 said:
Big standing O for your husband during that time. That was some real Jazz on the field. Loved Autumn Leaves.
:teeth: My dh was the soloist in Autumn Leaves (and various other songs). He had this "signature" thingy he did after every solo...bent over and did an arm pump (kinda to say "YES"!)
RENThead09 said:
Senior Corps brought me so many close friends in life. I wish more people were out there supporting the ageless summer warriors!
I totally agree. We worked our butts off (literally at times ;) ) and had a blast doing it. We all worked extremely hard at home during the week and then brought it together on the weekends. Our drumline was undefeated for 2 years (95,96) and as a corps, we brought home medals the 96 season. Made alot of good friends...those friends that you may not see for a long time, but if you're in need, they'll be the ones to show up to help :yes:
OrlandoMike said:
Don't know if you noticed the female Melophone soloist they had that year, she had a prosthesis for one arm, that girl not only had the lips of an angel, but she never missed a pushup, and as I recall, she did them boys style!
So many years ago and so much drain bamage since then :smokin: (although the brain is starting to come back around :teacher: ) ...I can't say that I actually remember her...but kudos to her for enduring all that hard work!
um...pushups...if they're not "boys style", are they really pushups? ;) lol ...I joke about that, but I was a female tenor drummer and always felt the need to show the guys that I could do whatever they could do, so I too, did "boys style" pushups!

Just posting that I love DCI, DCA, WGI, etc. I play drums and was in the drumline in high school (I was the hot snare chic! & loved it). Wish I could have done drum corp but couldn't really afford it. A few ppl i was in drumline with in high school did though and several ppl I know teach or teach DCI or DCA.

Have A Magical Day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter