Dumb Question about check out UPDATE PG. 1

mouselike-harrier

DIS Veteran
Okay, so DH and I stayed at OKW for the first time. ME was picking us up at 6:20 am at the HH. Due to the early hour, we walked to HH from our Bldg 35 at Turtle Pond. We arrived just in time to board the bus literally. It wasn't until later that I realized that we never checked out. We had a CC on file, so are we okay? :confused3

UPDATE: OKAY, this is really weird. We have been checking our account that corresponds to the debit card we had on file with them. Nothing. Then today a bill comes in the mail for our KTTW cards. Of course we will pay it right away, but has this ever happened to anyone else? :scratchin

Okay, so DH and I stayed at OKW for the first time. ME was picking us up at 6:20 am at the HH. Due to the early hour, we walked to HH from our Bldg 35 at Turtle Pond. We arrived just in time to board the bus literally. It wasn't until later that I realized that we never checked out. We had a CC on file, so are we okay? :confused3

You should be fine. We seldom officially check out. We will call Housekeeping to let them know they can clean the room for the next guest.

As long as I've left a CC on file we never go to the desk to check out. The only bad thing would be if there was an incorrect charge and you could correct it at that time but you wouldn't be in trouble with the resort for not going to the desk.

Disney will now send you an email with your statement. They assume you will check out by 11:00 AM. That is why calling housekeeping might get them moving on the room quicker.

Mousekeeping knows that you were scheduled to check out and if the DND sign wasn't on your door, they probably started knocking at 8:00 AM.

I don't know if Mousekeeping has your DME schedule, the front desk does.

:earsboy: Bill

Thanks everyone, I thought we should be okay. It was awfully early and we had been at the MNSSHP the night before. We did not leave the DND sign on the door, so hopefully housekeeping got the studio done early. We were on the 3rd floor, and although it wasn't fun carrying the suitcases down the stairs, the view was beautiful!

Withs 10's of thousands of room I'm pretty sure Disney has it under control;)

1- The only way to be in the room is to have a credit card on file.
2- Housekeeping knows who's leaving and will magically figure out who is gone.

3- Express checkout would have your bill delivered to your room in the middle of the night before you leave.

Withs 10's of thousands of room I'm pretty sure Disney has it under control;)

2- Housekeeping knows who's leaving and will magically figure out who is gone.

3- Express checkout would have your bill delivered to your room in the middle of the night before you leave.

Disney now emails you your bill instead of putting it under your door.

We have yet to receive a emailed bill even though we should have. We do seem to get all of their marketing mail though. ;)

Mousekeeping knows that you were scheduled to check out and if the DND sign wasn't on your door, they probably started knocking at 8:00 AM.

I don't know if Mousekeeping has your DME schedule, the front desk does.

Even if the DND sign WAS on your door, they might have been knocking. That happened to me once. I was so sick of the early door knock that I put the sign on the door-they knocked anyways.:rolleyes:

You don't have to have a CC on file. But there wouldn't be any charges to the room without a CC on file, so there would be no worries about a bill. :)

Even if the DND sign WAS on your door, they might have been knocking. That happened to me once. I was so sick of the early door knock that I put the sign on the door-they knocked anyways.:rolleyes:

:thumbsup2

I have to say I wasn't impressed with that knocking on the door on check out day. We stayed in the Treehouse villas and they were knocking before we were even out of bed. We told them we would be checking out at 11am but they were back at 8:30 and again before 10am banging on the door. Not good.

...UPDATE: OKAY, this is really weird. We have been checking our account that corresponds to the debit card we had on file with them. Nothing. Then today a bill comes in the mail for our KTTW cards. Of course we will pay it right away, but has this ever happened to anyone else? :scratchin

That's strange. You had a credit card on file, correct? I wonder why they didn't just charge your card?

Yup, had a CC on file. Was able to charge to KTTW card. They never charged it.:confused3

It may have something to do with the fact that it was a debit/credit card combo. Because Florida is a hotbed for fraud, your financial institution's loss prevention software may have flagged it when the charge was submitted.

It may have something to do with the fact that it was a debit/credit card combo. Because Florida is a hotbed for fraud, your financial institution's loss prevention software may have flagged it when the charge was submitted.

Never thought about that one. You could be very well right! :thumbsup2

Disney now emails you your bill instead of putting it under your door.

We have yet to receive a emailed bill even though we should have. We do seem to get all of their marketing mail though. ;)

We got the email option for BLT, at BWV we weren't offered it... I didn't think of it until we got the paper invoice at the end that we never used email for our records.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter