Dumpster view at VWL

kingj

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have a picture from a room at the VWL looking at the dumpster? I heard others talk about this and just wanted to know if it was really that bad.

Thanks,

John

Had that view and it sucks especially if you like to sit on your balcony in the evening and have a drink nothing better than looking at the dumpster. It was also a non smoking room with an ashtray on the balcony.

yes, it is a bad view, but it is very quiet. i liked it for that reason. would request that room again.:tongue:

.... and it wasn't that bad. Basically you see the roof of the dumpster/laundry building with white concrete road. The area is kept very clean & we never detected an odor. We were on the 2nd floor,next to last room at the end of the hall. As a silver lining, I think when some of the evergreens get a little bigger I think they'll obscure more of the view. DW and I would sit out in the mornings with a cup of coffee, the view never detracted from our enjoyment.

Spiceycat has a photo of it. You might do a search for dumpster view, and her name, as she has posted them picture several times before.

We were in the very last room on the 3rd floor if I remember correctly

The dumpster view is going to be what you make it. We had it last year..4th floor second room from the end. I love to sit out on the balcony in the morning with a cup of coffee and was really nervous about getting this view. And... we did. BUT ya know what... I would much rather look at a dumpster surrounded by all those trees and a distant view of the bus coming and going than looking at my backyard again. ;)

There is good and bad to every trip. When life gives ya lemons..make lemonade. ;)

Good point Jen yo are right I to would take the poor dumpster view any day over a good view of my backyard. I miss Disney.

We had what I think was the "dumpster view" at the beginning of March and were entertained by eighteen beautiful peacocks who paraded around for us - we considered it a bit of pixie dust!!

Thanks for all of the input. I sounds like all of the negative comments regarding the dumpster view is much ado about nothing.

John

coffee in the morning on the balcony is the only reson i even care about the balcony or patio
and if you can't smell you probably can't tell it's a dumpster. i've never seen this particular view but from somone who has if you were not told what it was would you have known
pirate:

Maybe they should change the dumpster location or something. I can't believe people are getting balconies with a view of a dumpster. They might as well put a brick wall in front of the window and just say that there is no view.

.... and others, if you're picturing the dumpster behind your local walmart, you got the wrong picture. As I said earlier, we never smelled anything that hinted of a dumpster and I actually don't recall ever seeing the "dumpster". It's there, you know it's there, but not really. Clear as mud ?? Truely, I would except this view again rather then ever make an a$$ of myself at the checkin desk.

A bad view at WDW is still better than a good view at work!!!!!!!!;)
Truthfully, we had a view of the smokehouse at WL once(it was a last minute trip and DH got such a bargain price on the room like you wouldn't believe!!!)It was a long weekend, and for the price, we coldn't complain.I have to say, it was kind of interesting watching them use the smokehouse, and the sort of mesquite smell really made me feel like I was in the Pacific Northwest.

Originally posted by DSNY FN
We were in the very last room on the 3rd floor if I remember correctly

So were we, facing the water (and trees mostly) I didn't mind the view and never really noticed the dumpster (or any smell.)

We checked in at 11:00 on NYD and our room was ready, so we didn't complain much. Also we were in a studio for 3 nights, and moved to one bedroom for the last 4 days of the trip.

I didn't mind the view (didn't like it much, just trees, I wanted a bit more action.) However we did get really sick of that long stright walk down the hallway. I vowed never to allow my children to run up and down hotel coridors, but even I wanted to run down it. It was a long as a football feild and went on forever.

So we were in the famous dumpster room and didn't even know it! We could see a dumpster from there, but its not like the only thing you could see.

I think we had it, and by my uncertainty, you should be able to tell how much it bothered us;)

We were at the very end of the lodge, and our room overlooked a road with a small woodsy area behind it. We didn't know a dumpster was below us until we saw a truck pull up---the dumpster was concealed by some small trees and shrubbery.

We had no problem at all with our view, but the walk was a bit of a hike, as we were at the very end of the lodge.

I guess this is the dumpster area, unless there is another one!!

I had the dumpster view last June and it was no big deal. I was in rm. 2560, second from the end of the hall. Yes, it was a very long walk down that hallway, but when I was out on the balcony I looked to the right and had a great view of the Villas and a portion of WL. The dumpster view was a non-issue. My only hesitation about the room was that it was smoking-optional. But to my surprise, that wasn't an issue either.

We had the "dumpster view" in January. 3rd floor 2nd room to the end. I thought it was soooo funny:p I never care about the view and thought it was perfect because I was in Walt Disney World.

I don't think its actually a dumpster....its a holding container for laundry and its where the laundry service comes in and out to pick it up. No smell.

The room with the dumpster view we had was the last room on the 4th floor...and it was a smoking room (no "no smoking" sign). It was fine. I can't believe how picky people get about views....though I'm getting worried that I'll always be given less impressive views because I don't worry about it.

My worst problem was trying to go down the stairs to the first floor. There is no door to the first floor and I ended up getting locked outside in the service area. Luckily the gate to te "dumpster" area was unlocked and led to a small path that comes out by the iron spike room....otherwise I would have had to climb through the bushes to get back to the guest areas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter