DVC at Contemporary Rumor on MousePlanet Again

Happy Birthday Cat

<font color=teal>Wonders if the <font color=deeppi
MousePlanet is reporting again this morning on the DVC at the Contemporary rumor. Here's a Link to the story and the full text:

Goodbye, Disney Tennis Center; hello Disney Vacation Club?

We're hearing that the Disney Tennis Center at the Contemporary Resort will be closing in July 2006. According to our source, a new DVC resort will be built on the location, to the north of the North Garden Wing. The latter information has not yet been confirmed, as the Contemporary/DVC rumors seem to change on an almost weekly basis. Those wishing to take tennis lessons will be accommodated at the Grand Floridian after the closure of the site at the Contemporary. We'll pass along more information as we find out.

HBC

Man, now I'll have to go to GF for my tennis lessons??? I'm ticked. I'm cancelling my next trip. From now on I'm gonna take my lessons in Aspen. Anyone with me?

OneMoreTry said:
Man, now I'll have to go to GF for my tennis lessons??? I'm ticked. I'm cancelling my next trip. From now on I'm gonna take my lessons in Aspen. Anyone with me?
That depends.....
Are you talking about July or January?..... :teeth:

"to the north of the North Garden Wing"

Does that mean they plan on leaving it there, and DVC will add more rooms to the CR rather than replace some of them?

The Tennis Center at CR has been in decline for a number of years now and the rumors about CR/DVC have been around about the same length of time.

About a year ago, we had reports of the "groundbreaking" at CR by the end of 2004. This rumor has certainly been persistent.

Stay Tuned!

Wasn't the latest rumor about CR that the North Wing would be torn down to build a new DVC.

Gosh, there are just so many. So easy to lose track.

Maybe Caskbill needs to make us a DVC Rumor Tracker, like his point tracker.

kathleena said:
Maybe Caskbill needs to make us a DVC Rumor Tracker, like his point tracker.
I beleive he is working on one and it's in beta testing!!! :rotfl2:

Thanks for the link, HBC.

I wonder if this area would be the resort or just part of the complex. Maybe it would be parking? If it is to be the actual building, it would make for a long walk to the CR tower, restaurants, etc..

I love these rumors. :cool1:

I just love these rumors. :rotfl: :goodvibes :bounce:

kept hoping one day they will be true. :wizard:

so when is the north garden wing to be rehab? when they are finished with the south wing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter