DVC Auto stickers/decals

JerJan

<font color=blue>I need the sunshine to SURVIVE!<b
FYI...... If you are looking for the DVC auto/decals just go to ebay and type in "DISNEY VACATION CLUB" they have several available through different people. Got mine and I LOVE it, people always want to know what DVC stands for and I proudly explain it to them!

Always nice to support copyright infringement. I would buy one of these only if they were made available through Disney.

How do you figure three letters of the alphabet is copyright infringement? They are 3 letters from the alphabet..... That could mean just about anything, including Disgusted Voting Citizen! And I wasn't "supporting" anything, just making note that they were there, lighten up and do what you want to do with the infromation.

There was actually a "clingy" type sticker for your window at BCV last time I was there.

I'd have to agree with the copyright infringement, just go to dvc.com and you'll find DVC Worldwide, a leading global marketing corporation, or dvc.edu and you'll find Diable Valley College, they even have DVC apparel, or dvcco.com which is the Digital Video Camera company, or any of the other hundred or so companies that come up when you do a google search on DVC

:D

Long as there is just the three letters DVC there should be no problem. The problem might come in if you put Disney Vacation Club in small letters on the bottom of the oval. That is one of the options at the online sticker store (which is cheaper than buying them at eBay.)

I don't know.... I was just trying to let people know they were out there for sale on ebay (as low as 2.98 for a buy it now) and I get attacked about copyright infringement it's three black letters in a white oval!

JerJan, don't worry about it, there is always people they will take the "other side" of EVERYthing. The whole Ying with the Yang. You didn't go into it, but trying to rip Disney off. You like what you saw. If Disney has a huge problem with it, they will remove each person from selling it. Until then, they are up for sale.
Anyways, don't let this discourage you from posting sweetie, okay?! :teeth:

JerJan;

Like others here have stated don't worry about it. Others might get bent out of shape and be uptight about it but so what, you bought it, display it and don't worry about what others think. I have purchased DVC license plates on E-Bay and display them, I have gotten brand new ones for as little as $3.50. Just keep watching and bid, some have gone as high as $20.00, too expensive for my taste ..smjj

Originally posted by JerJan
I don't know.... I was just trying to let people know they were out there for sale on ebay (as low as 2.98 for a buy it now) and I get attacked about copyright infringement it's three black letters in a white oval!

I hope you realize my response was tongue-in-cheek, my point was that the letters DVC could represent a hundred different companies, or even a college, so I don't see how buying a sticker with the letters DVC on it could be copyright infringement against Disney. Diablo Valley College has been called DVC since 1949, maybe they think buying a sticker with the letters DVC on it is a copyright infringement against them? Surprisingly, for most people the world does not revolve around Disney; although that will be my platform when I run for President in 2008 seeking the nomination of the DNC ( Disney National Committee).

OK! What happens if I sit down at my PC and print on a piece of paper "Disney Vacation Club, Old key West Resort" and scotch tape this to the rear window in my car, are the Disney police going to come and arrest me? It seems to me the people who are infringing are the ones printing the stickers and selling them!
Disney should be happy that we are advertising for them, don't they realized how much money they are losing by not following through on selling items like this!

I ordered a custom oval with DVC for about $4.00 it's only 3 letters....

I got it from stickitstickers.com

I would like an OFFICIAL decal someday !

OK! What happens if I sit down at my PC and print on a piece of paper "Disney Vacation Club, Old key West Resort" and scotch tape this to the rear window in my car, are the Disney police going to come and arrest me? It seems to me the people who are infringing are the ones printing the stickers and selling them!

They might... they have sued child care centers for painting Disney characters on the walls.

They have them at the DVC resorts! We bought ours at OKW.

They just cost more! $6.00.

It's not advertising DVC..................

It's Bragging Rights!!!!!!:sunny:

They were handing them out at the member update last week!!

So if you're going to WDW anytime soon....

JJ Penguin

Originally posted by CarolA
They might... they have sued child care centers for painting Disney characters on the walls.

Thats different. That was a business, if I remember correctly, it was a big daycare business with lots of centers. I doubt if they will go after or have any desire to go after a individual as mentioned above..smjj

Yeah I bought mine from makestickers.com Now on ebay they are only .99 I say go for it :) I am going to see if Disney has any official ones when I go down Thursday :) I will let you know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter