DVC Block Parties

SB in KY

DIS Veteran
This may have been posted by someone already...but we got back from BWV last week and one of the most fun things we did the entire week was the DVC Members Block Party at Pleasure Island.

They had a little flyer in our welcome packet about them...I did not pay much attention, but my DD saw it and wanted to go. They are having them from 5 - 7PM every Tuesday through the summer for all DVC members and guests. It was SOOO much fun.

We arrived about 5:30PM, as you entered they gave everyone an envelope with 2 food tickets (each one good for either popcorn, cotton candy, or an ice cream novelty...yep, free Mickey Bars!!), a ticket to fill out for the door prize drawings and a flashing light DVC pin...I loved mine!!

The arcade was open with free play on all the games, they had several carnival games going with free play and prizes, lots of stations with water and lemonade (needed, because it was hotter than the blue blazes), indoors inside the club they had great corny music (lots of YMCA and the Chicken Dance, etc), fun things for kids like hula hoop contests, a really incredible balloon guy that was making Disney characters out of balloons, upstairs they had spa people giving mini massages that were to die for...they played family feud with a family from each of the DVC resorts...and several other fun family activities going on. They had stilt walkers and street entertainers that were great too.

It was really a LOT more fun than any of us had planned on...we mostly went to satisfy DD and I thought we would stay 30 minutes or so and then move on...but we stayed until after 7PM (actually it started storming big time at about 5 til 7, so of course everyone goes inside and it was pouring...they wanted us out of the club so they could set up for the evening, but of course no one wants to drown....eventually some clever CM shows up and starts handing out free ponchos to get people to leave!! It worked!)

Also they arm banded anyone over 21 so they could stay for the evening at PI if they wished.

All in all I would have to say it was a great Perk (just about the best one since free park tickets back in the 90's!! Well I guess the AP discount is really good also, but it was a really fun afternoon)....so if anyone is looking for something to do on a Tuesday afternoon this summer....

Next Tuesday that's where DH and I will be, thanks for your report!

Bobbi :dog:

Awesome we will be there next Tuesday as well!!!

DH, DS(almost13), and I will look for all of you there on the 23rd as well.

Have a safe trip everyone!! :flower:

Ohhh...I am really jealous!! Today was the first day of school for my kids and we are trying to get back to the grind....wish we were heading to Disney instead!!

We'll be there on Tuesday the 23rd also. Now if I can just find something lime green................

Less than 48 hours until we leave and I am not packed ....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

We will be there on the 23rd also. Me, DH, DS17, Dniece12 and Dnephew10.

See you there. We have our lime green Mickey's ready (I got them at Home Depot)

Enjoy

We're in. Be there on the 23rd.

(Now what did I do with those Lime Green Mickey heads?)

We will be there also, but not for very long due to 6pm Cirque tickets. We are looking forward to this day of Typhoon Lagoon, Member Party, Cirque, and Pleasure Island as a micro vacation from our Vero Beach Resort stay.

Is this every Tuesday? Do you just need to show your DVC card or do you have to actually be staying at a DVC resort on that day (we do not have a ressie until Wednesday?)

Thanks have have a nice day!

momoftwins said:
Is this every Tuesday? Do you just need to show your DVC card or do you have to actually be staying at a DVC resort on that day (we do not have a ressie until Wednesday?)

Thanks have have a nice day!

Since we all got an invitation, I just think you need to show your DVC card. The Cruise Party is for all DVC members not just those going on the Members Cruise, so my guess is sure, it's open to all DVC members. Just note that August 23rd is the last one.

Bobbi :flower:

mikesmom88 said:
We will be there on the 23rd also.

us too!!
say "hi" if you see a lime green mickey head luggage tag!

just 61 hours to go ........ :banana: :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: :banana:

Rob Thanks for posting the pictures. It looks like it is a fun time. I can not wait until we get to go this Tuesday!!
:flower:

I'll be there too.. All by my lonesome.. so.. if anyone wants to adopt a 40 yr old Disney chick for the night, I am potty trained and say please and thank you... :) Looking forward to seeing all the lime green! Actually packing now... so, I just remembered to pack my llime green shirt!!

Kathy :)

Thanks for showing your pictures, Rob. That's a great balloon character!

Bobbi :flower:

My family and I will also be attending the final Block Party on the 23rd/ I can't wait. This will be the first time my husband and I will be at Pleasure Island since we had kids; we will have to stop in the Adventurer's Club when it opens :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter