DVC Community Board

On a scale of 1 to 5, how do you like the new DVC Community Board?

• 1 = I love it!

• 2 = It's okay.

• 3 = Neutral, neither good nor bad.

• 4 = Don't like it.

• 5 = Hate it!

• Too soon to tell.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why hop when you can have everything in one place quite easily? It's not as if there was a huge amount of posts to go through each day.

As far as the UK forum is concerned, if the trip planning and community boards were all in one, people would have difficulty trying to find the useful and helpful information for planning a trip to WDW, amongst the quiz questions and general chit chat! :D

There have only been *two* new posts so far today (11/2) on the old DVC board.

The DLP board is hardly fast moving - some days there are only a couple of posts! It's still very useful to have though.

I tend to think these types threads will still get closed/moved.

Surely there isn't so much reason to do that now? I think (hope) people will be allowed to ramble on a bit more on this community board!!

This new board has only been going for a day - let's give it a chance before we start making gloomy predictions for this, or the old DVC board.

I voted but my thoughts were well stated by Carol MN.

I must say once again I am verrrrry grateful to Pete and all at this site, for the wonderful information provided on the entire site!
It is clearly the 1st choice for WDW info at our house!

Thanks!

I'm bumping this thread up. Seems that the majority isn't thrilled with the new board, nor am I, and I don't want this poll to be buried just yet.

Other than the fact I am a subscriber to this thread, I have completely forgotten about the DVC community board. I have found that I am becoming disinterested in the regular board because there are less and less posts. As I said previously, I don't like this new board. If it stays, which I assume it will, I hope I remember it's here because I'm finding I'm losing alot of great information that would interwine.

I hope the moderators revisit this decision and change it back to one DVC board.
Cora

When this poll first came out, I voted too soon to tell, but now that I have been using it, I find it combersome and wish we could go back to the ONE DVC board.

In all honesty, I am trying to see where the difference IS between the 2 boards.

While I do appreciate everything Pete does for us, I wish we could go back to the format we had.

pinnie

It doesn't matter all that much for me, and maybe the board split makes sense. The DVC board would be for facts about the resorts, how DVC works, the rules, etc. This board would be more for the countdowns, "Welcome Home's", etc.

My only suggestion would be to move the trip reports back to the DVC board. To me, that is important information that anyone interested in joining DVC might want to know. If they only glance at the DVC Community board, they might think this is similar to the general Community board and not much help in forming their decision.

But it's not a big deal either way.

Often times, there would be threads seeking advice on various topics, but directed towards DVC Members only. For example, one might want to discuss where DVC Members prefer to grocery shop, or question specifically of DVC Members what their feelings are on particular modes of transportation or park ticket options.

Yikes, I wouldn't have considered that fluff!

Neither would I! In fact, I have never stated that "fluff" is allowed on either of the boards.

Look folks, prior to the DVC Community Board, many of those threads would have been moved to the DIS Community Board. Isn't it preferable to keep these posts on a DVC Community Board rather than relegate them to the extremely busy CB? The DVC Discussion board was not designed to contain roll calls nor other non DVC specific threads. We now have a place to gather all this type of posting rather than lose them on a much larger CB community. But, as always, visiting our boards is for pleasure and information. I know there are several boards here that I do not find of interest myself and therefore do not read. If anyone would like to further give input on whether they feel a particular board on the DIS should be closed, please email the Webmasters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter