DVC Community Board

On a scale of 1 to 5, how do you like the new DVC Community Board?

• 1 = I love it!

• 2 = It's okay.

• 3 = Neutral, neither good nor bad.

• 4 = Don't like it.

• 5 = Hate it!

• Too soon to tell.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My only negative is that there's no easy link yet! I will probably spend more time here. How about you?

Bobbi:D

I didn't vote for several reasons.

1 - Pretty much anything Pete and the mods decide to do is OK with me. I am just very grateful that this wonderful free site exists.

2 - I don't like change much. It always takes me a while to get used to things. Almost always have to admit that the positives of the "new" way out weigh the trouble I have adjusting. Example, I remember when the format of these boards didn't put the most recent posts at the top. Replies just went with the post. I hated it when that changed!!! Now I can't even imagine how/why I ever liked the old format?? :p Anyway, I expect to like this change eventually, LOL.

3 - Things need some time to settle. The mods will eventually figure out what they want where and we'll be able to better predict what goes where. In the meantime, I'll just be reading both boards.

Best wishes -

So far, I don't like it very much. I'm happy that the welcome posts, countdowns, happy dances and similar are gon from the DVC board. However, someone cancelling a ressie to let others know, someone posted for info on the space launch, etc. I really prefer to keep on the DVC board...it's my .02.
Cora

I think once I get used to the new system, I'll like it. I think it'll be easier to get answers to specific DVC questions regarding points, policies etc., without having the thread get lost in all of our "DVC community" discussions. I know I rarely read past the first page, and frequently posts get bumped to the second page before people really have a chance to read and respond. Hopefully this new organization will help categorize everything and make it easier to use and find answers.

I don't like it. I liked being able to go to one location and pick and choose what I wanted to read. I like some things from both boards and now it just takes me a couple of extra steps to read everything.

I think it's nice that the need for a DVC Community was recognized.

But I thought the one board was doing a good job of being both the info board and the community board.

Even to me, a person who enjoys making minute distinctions, it is not clear where the boundary between the two boards is. I think a lot of people are just going to post wherever they are and there's a good chance we'll end up with two boards to look at instead of one, with not much difference between them.

Sounds to me like a solution looking for a problem. Everything seemed fine to me on the other board, now I'm going to have to think twice about what I post where. I think some folks have too much time on their hands :D .

I'm not thrilled with the idea of two boards. Ditto to everything that erikthewise posted. I think the moderators are going to be busy moving posts on a regular basis.

I'd be interested to know why they (??) felt a second board was necessary. It would have been nice to get some member input before making the switch.

I voted for "too soon to tell". I agree it will take a while for everyone to figure out what goes where. I also like the idea of having one place to check for news and being able to pick what I wanted to read. Now I have two boards to keep track of. With all the planning for vacations, I don't know if my brain can handle the extra thought process. :crazy: I'll try, and see what happens.

I think I like it. It'll seperate the fluff from the nuts and bolts of DVC ownership.

The 'fluff' was never a problem for me on the regular DVC board. I do agree that it's going to get difficult differentiating the two boards.

Originally posted by kweaver
I'd be interested to know why they (??) felt a second board was necessary. It would have been nice to get some member input before making the switch.
Perhaps there was enough PM complaints about the 'fluff' threads?

Neutral here. I get tired of the "fluff" threads too, and this seems appropriate to do, but it is difficult to get here, and there seems to be a blurred line as to what goes here and what goes on the regular forum.

I'm not too thrilled about the two board thing. I've recently purchased after a lot of lurking here and found that my decision was based as much on the "christmas tree swap", "what do you bring with you", and "how many points should I buy" as the "should I use cash for weekends" and "what is the best use year" posts.

I guess my decision was based on both the planning and community aspects. In my mind, they are the same and thus should be in the same board.

Now the only plus I can see is there's a place for all of the "I just bought/added-on" threads. Hey, why don't we start a board just for those posts? ;)

Just my $0.02

Steve

Too early for me to tell too but I essentially agree with CarolMN. I'm glad we have the Dis Boards to share our experiences and idea.

HBC

I too would like to see this fourm added to the 'jump to fourm' pull down, but I see the debate board is still listed there, so updating that feature must be low on the list.

As of now I prefered the old way... seems like the other board will be just FAQ's in depth.

But given time.....

And one question... should we treat this board as a true CB and therefore go off the DVC topic... to share with 'our dvc' community or just fluff about DVC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter