• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Dining discounts

tgropp

DIS Veteran
I am reading on the DVC Member Website under benefits and it gives a list of Disney restaurants that give a 10% or more discounts. I go onto My Disney Experience and when I look to book a restaurant I go and look on the restaurants site and there is no mention of a DVC discount….only annual pass holders discount. I have Biergarten, Teppan Edo, Rainforest Cafe, whispering Canyon Cafe and Coral Reef. Can anyone give any recent past experiences? Thanks

The main Disney sites have never shown the availability of DVC discounts for dining/merchandise. If the discount is listed on the DVC member website, you will receive it if you show your Blue Membership Card & Photo ID.

To add, they don't list it because it is not available for everyone. Only those eligible for membership perks. When we go, we show them both cards when asked to make sure we get the best discount. Most of the time they are the same, but there have been a few times one had a slightly better discount than the other.

As Sandi said above, we usually tell the server we have AP, DVC, Disney Visa and anything else we can think of, and they'll usually tell us which gives the best discount.

We were pleasantly surprised to get a 15% DVC discount at Space 220 a few days ago. AP was only 10%.
Same. Waiter even asked if we were DVC or passholders. Told us DVC was better than the AP. I thought the food was good, service excellent, and atmosphere impressive. Glad we went, but it was almost certainly a "one and done", because it was very expensive! :) Our lunch bill was over $150 for two adults!

I would add from our most recent visit, we were asked at just about every transaction (ranging from restaurants to merch to community hall) about which discounts we have. The cast members I find are usually well trained on this.

We were pleasantly surprised to get a 15% DVC discount at Space 220 a few days ago. AP was only 10%.
So glad you noted this! We have a reservation there in a couple of weeks. My challenge is to make sure I have my card and ID because I typically leave my wallet in the resort safe when we go to the parks!

The main Disney sites have never shown the availability of DVC discounts for dining/merchandise. If the discount is listed on the DVC member website, you will receive it if you show your Blue Membership Card & Photo ID.

I have never been asked to show my photo ID. They barely look at my blue card

Just returned...DVC discounts were at most sit downs...one exception was Le Creperie. The waiter said its France...no discounts! I should have told him we received a discount at Chefs De France earlier in the week! I think we had DVC discounts at Homecomin, Chefs De France, Ale & Compass, Boma, Sci Fi DIne In, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Be Our Guest, Skipper Canteen, Morimoto Asia, Brown Derby, Space 220. Showed the blue card...only some asked to see ID, never an issue with including 6 people. Most all of the service was great...lowest point was again at Le Creperie. Our waiter was ok but the woman who delivered the main course practically threw the plates at each person and then they tried to deliver the dessert crepes about 5 minutes later when we were barely starting the main course. They then put them on the counter while we finished then brought them back. Pretty disappointing. Hopefully just a bad night for them but we wont be going back anytime soon.

Just returned...DVC discounts were at most sit downs...one exception was Le Creperie. The waiter said its France...no discounts! I should have told him we received a discount at Chefs De France earlier in the week! I think we had DVC discounts at Homecomin, Chefs De France, Ale & Compass, Boma, Sci Fi DIne In, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Be Our Guest, Skipper Canteen, Morimoto Asia, Brown Derby, Space 220. Showed the blue card...only some asked to see ID, never an issue with including 6 people. Most all of the service was great...lowest point was again at Le Creperie. Our waiter was ok but the woman who delivered the main course practically threw the plates at each person and then they tried to deliver the dessert crepes about 5 minutes later when we were barely starting the main course. They then put them on the counter while we finished then brought them back. Pretty disappointing. Hopefully just a bad night for them but we wont be going back anytime soon.

I was not given a discount at Chefs De France and I was there Sept 2021

I was not given a discount at Chefs De France and I was there Sept 2021
Interesting. We haven’t been since our TIW was still valid but I do remember it was a lunch only discount. Mouseperks currently lists no discounts for Chefs.

Just returned...DVC discounts were at most sit downs...one exception was Le Creperie. The waiter said its France...no discounts! I should have told him we received a discount at Chefs De France earlier in the week!
I am probably dating myself here but I find that comment so charmingly French. I remember visiting France Pavilion in the early years and all the Frenchmen/women incessantly insisting that theirs was the BEST Pavilion. 😁

We recently used our card for discounts at several restaurants, most 10% and sometimes a 15%. We also would present an AP and DVC card to see which offered a better discount. We usually will put our meals on the Magic Band to charge to the room for that one big bill at the end! But when we use the MB, we've already had the server tell us they see we're DVC and offer the discount if we forget.

Speaking of forgetting, this will change a little bit next year when we don't have the physical blue card anymore - only a digital version to share. So I'm hoping that with it tied to our MDE information, the MB might be enough to verify us as DVC. If not, we'll open the digital card.

We were only asked once for an id to go along with the blue card earlier this month, and that was at a merchandise stand in EPCOT. Most of the time, we are not asked - but it is their option.

Just back from our trip. Got 10% DVC discount at Topolino’s, Boma, Tusker House, Ale & Compass, Paddlefish, and Homecomin’. Via Napoli had a 15% DVC discount. Forgot to ask at “Ohana and server didn’t mention it, but called and was told to talk to front desk at our resort and Riviera CM was able to credit us the 10%.
Had dinner at Teppan Edo and did not get the DVC discount since they are a “third-party” restaurant but server said that they do provide the discount at lunch (until 3:45-4:pm) and our reservation was at 4:30pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter