• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC discount New Year's Cruise

Tiger926

DIS Veteran
Just received our Aug. Clubhouse and in it are details of a DVC discount for the New Year's Eve cruise (reg. price instead of holiday pricing). We are interested in this cruise, so we called and the CM said that she wasn't sure of a few things that we asked in regards to new pricing structure. It seems the price that she quoted for cash is close to the price I was quoted last week. She was certain that the point amounts have been discounted & gave us the new point price thought. The Clubhouse just says a discount for DVC members who "book" this cruise in certain categories. The word "book" could pertain to cash, points or a combination, as she really wasn't sure about the cash part.

Anyone know anymore info on this? Should my DH call and speak to another CM who may know more?

Any advice or info would be appreciated, Tiger

P.S. Are the ships still decorated for the holidays on the New Year's Eve sailing?

I was going to call, but it looks like i maybe to late to call. We are booked on the nye but in cat. 6. I dont think the discount is for that cat. if you find out any info please post.

I definitely will, but the promo reads for cat. 8, 9, 10 or 11 so you may be out of luck.

Have you sailed on NYE cruise before? Our last Disney cruise was 4 day in May - it was awesome! Any info about cruising at this time of year would be great!

Tiger

Oh my goodness, there is no way I could do this either this year or the next (or probably the next and the next, LOL) but wow! That sounds like it would be *so* much fun! I've never been on a cruise before, I may have to make my first be new years 2010 or something. :earboy2:

Does anyone else find it strange that they are discounting this cruise?
I would have thought that it would sell out by now, or at least close.

We are on the Dec 22 thru Dec 26 cruise. We booked it over a year ago and I think it may have gone up $100 (maybe not even that). Are the 4 night cruises at holiday periods not as desirable as the 7 night?

The discount is on the 7 night cruise and next year the date falls on dec. 30 for the next discounted cruise thru dvc.

wdwstar said:
The discount is on the 7 night cruise and next year the date falls on dec. 30 for the next discounted cruise thru dvc.

Oh. As Emily Litella would say; "nevermind". ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter