DVC discount............

Lissete

Mouseketeer
I have always used my DVC Member card at the World of Disney. We just returned from WDW and were told that we could not use our DVC for discount at the W of D. I was there as recently as Dec. and never had a problem, but they told me yesterday that they have never accepted it for discount. I have been using it since 1995. Does anyone have any further info on this? We know that we can't use it in the parks and that is why we always wait until our last day to go to the W of D.

Lissete

Mom23K's, Katrina, Karilyn & my angel Kristyn

DVC 1995

I've never been able to use my DVC card to get a discount at the WofD in Downtown Disney. I have, however, rec'd an AP, amx and DC (then MKC) discount. You'd think they'd just make it easier for everyone and throw DVC in there too.

snowbord1.gif

<font face="comic sans ms"><font color="ff69b4">Jennybºoºbenny</font>
<font color="4169e1">DVC Member: 3/99
Onsite: Poly '76, Contemp '98, BWV '99, CBR '00, BWV '00
Offsite: '74 '80 '82 '88
Next trip: CBR~Jan '01, BWV~June '01, BWV~Nov '01</font>
Jillian & Kyle's Disney Character Website</font

WoD has never accepted the DVC card, so if you received the discount in the past you were fortunate indeed. DVC has a discount benefit at The Disney Store, but WoD is not part of the Disney Store program. Right now there is a DVC disocunt at Ghirardellis (I think) at DD and there are some dining discounts at some of the restaurants and at PI. Enjoy!

Doc
doc@wdwinfo.com

Yes - the Disney Stores in the malls honor the DVC 10% discount - it works like the old MKC/new DC. I am a CM at local Phila. store and we always honor DVC. Try again and insist on your 10%!! ;)

DVC members are entitled to a 10% discount at all Disney Stores. I would go back to yours, Pixie_Dust, and tell them to check their SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures). Speak to the manager if necessary. On our registers (I'm a part time TDS CM) there is a specific button to push for the DVC discount. Best of luck! Email me if you have any other questions.

goofy11a.gif

DIS VA meet 1/21/01
DIS NYC meet 2/11/01

Offsite '77, '79, '85, '90, '96, '99, '00, '01 May 10-13 2001
Disneyland '77, '97
BW Inn June '98
DVC Hilton Head, All Star Sports March 2000
DVC BWV Sept and Oct '00 May 13-18 2001
Animal Kingdom Lodge May 18-20 2001
Disneyana Convention Sept. '01

Yes, you should insist on the DVC discount at your mall Disney Store. If you have any further problem, please let me know, as I have a DVC contact who has offered to help with situations like this. I suspect if they will check, you will get the discount- be FIRM!! ;)

Doc
doc@wdwinfo.com

There was an offer printed at check in in July which allowed for a discount with a $50.00 purchase at the WOD.?

FYI - If you spend over $50 at W of D, you can use American Express and get 15% discount. It adds up!

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the THINKS you can think up, if only you try." Dr. Seuss

World of Disney DOES accept a discount from DVC on purchases over $15.00. I have it in writing in a phamphlet and also it states it in the membership magazine (whatever it is called). If you keep those lovely magazines they send quarterly check it out. I will now make a copy of the page and show them if they question us.

Wow! Great information. I didn't know that the Disney Stores would give us a DVC discount. If I buy Hopper passes or other admission media at the Disney Store is there still a DVC discount? (Probably not, but maybe someone out there can tell me one way or another.)

I have yet to join the Disney Club, since I really don't know what it is, or if it's worth the $29.95. Since we live in Calif., does any one know if the DC offers discounts for Disneyland or Disney Calif. Adventure?

Thanks for all the great info on this board! We're off to Disney Grand Californian Hotel in April with our DVC points. Can't wai

No, you do not get a discount with the DVC card when buying hoppers at the Disney Store. You can only get a discount when purchasing them onsite.

Yes, there are discounts for the DC in DL and DCA, mainly on packages that include a resort stay. I didn't pay much attention since the liklihood of me getting out to DL anytime in the near future is slim! :D Except for the Convention of course...but no discounts apply to that unfortunately.

goofy11a.gif

DIS VA meet 1/21/01
DIS NYC meet 2/11/01

Offsite '77, '79, '85, '90, '96, '99, '00, '01 May 10-13 2001
Disneyland '77, '97
BW Inn June '98
DVC Hilton Head, All Star Sports March 2000
DVC BWV Sept and Oct '00 May 13-18 2001
Animal Kingdom Lodge May 18-20 2001
Disneyana Convention Sept. '01

disneyokw- can you please check which issue and page of Vacation Magic you found the WoD/DVC discount. I have looked through the past 4 issues abd can't find any mention of this discount. It is also not found on the Members Only site.
I know American Express offers a 15% discount- and a brochure is given at checkin showing this, but have never seen any mention of DVC discounts at WoD.

We had some friends of ours stay in the second bedroom of a two bedroom for a week in January and one night they went to downtown disney to do some shopping without us. I told them about the 15% amex discount (they have amex cards and resort ID's which is all I thought was necessary). Anyway, the CM there said that DVCers were NOT entitled to the amex discount because in order to qualify for it you had to pay for at least 2 room nights with your amex card and since DVCers stay on points, their stays don't qualify for the 15% discount. The CM gave it to her anyway, but I recall having a CM tell us the same thing once before. I told him that we put our down payment on our amex card and he laughed and gave us the discount. Does anyone know if this is really a rule? (and i think this question still belongs on this board because it only pertains to DVC stays... to my knowledge, there is NO way to tell by looking at a resort ID what credit card someone used to pay with).

Lisa

"You employ stone, wood, and concrete, and with these materials you build house and palaces. That is construction. Ingenuity is at work. But suddenly, you touch my heart, you do me good. I am happy and I say 'This is beautiful.' That is architecture. Art enters in."
-Le Corbusier

About the Am Ex discount. I've never stayed on points - always used my Am Ex to pay for vacations. No one has ever asked when I've made a purchase how i paid for my hotel. I've always just handed my resort key with my Am Ex.

Sorry for the confusion.

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the THINKS you can think up, if only you try." Dr. Seuss

Last year I was asked in WoD if I had used my Am Ex card to cover my room charges when I presented it to get the 15% discount. I was staying at OKW on points. I said yes and got the discount.

I think this is all very fascinating;however, why all the rules. In my opinion there should be straight across-the-board discounts for DVC members. It would eliminate CM confusion of whether to give discounts and it would be clear to the DVC memebers, which would apply. With all these rules I feel like I am at work. Moreover,with all the money disney makes you would think a small perk for members would be appropriate. I just had to add my nickel's worth at a 10% discount. ( smile)

Just to clarify a little :) , the WoD 15% discount is NOT actually a DVC discount- it is offered to all WDW resort guests who are using their AmExp card to pay for their room charges. The confusion lies in that some merchants at DD have apparently chosen to deny the discount to those staying at DVC resorts on points, but that decision is between the merchant and AmExp. This is all part of the American Express "White Glove" program.
The DVC discounts are all on a printed sheet provided at check-in (also available on the Members Only site.)

Doc
doc@wdwinfo.com

Just wanted to let you all know my experience at TDS yesterday. I have used my DVC discount many times there before w/no problem. Last night the CM said, "There is no expiration on here. Oh, (as she reached for a DC brochure) this discount was changed to this." I said, "No, this discount (showing my DC card) was changed from the MKC card." She said, "We just got a memo in the other day that said both the DVC and MKC were changed to the DC discount." I said, "That is not correct. You really need to look into that further." I had no time to stand around and argue, so I used my DC discount and left. She insisted she was correct, but said she would check into it. I hope she did. I will be back there soon when I have more time and insist on the discount!

KathyR

We have had a similar problem with TDS discount using DVC. Some items are not included in DC discounmd while they are not excluded from DVC discount. Some cast members are not aware of this and it causes interesting discussions. Persistence wins if you have the time and energy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter