DVC discount............

Sorcerer, FYI....DVC members do not get discounts on park hopper passes (at TDS or onsite!!). DVC members do get discounts on UMPs. Just don't want you to be disappointed next time you go to TDS and want passes and then they don't give you a discount. Really, you would think that DVC would give some discount for hopper passes...but that is another story!! Good luck!

Michelle
DVC 2000
WDW...Been There, Done That, Going Back!

I just got back from OKW and here's what I
found out. There is no DVC discount on Park
Hopper passes - only on length of stay passes -
when buying at the check in desk.

But, I went to the local Disney Story the week
before we left and got 4 day park hopper passes
with a DVC discount. And we really lucked out,
as the passes were going up that Sunday so we
got the old price ($179.14 adult 4 day park
hopper).

When I checked on the cost at OKW it was some-
where around $204.00! Actually the cost of the
passes had gone up in Florida before they went
up at my local Disney store.

I believe the discount at the Disney Store was
only 5%, but it's pretty sad that we can get
any discount at the DS, and NONE at our home
resorts :(

And just as an FYI for anyone interested I went
to the new Wilderness homes for a tour. They really are quite nice - same size as BW with a
different decor. But I must say none of the
other on-site resorts compare to OKW for size and
convenience (in my opinion). It is so nice to
have your car parked right outside your door and
not have to walk down long corridors. OKW feels
like a home away from home rather than a hotel
suite. The ducks at the patio for breakfast are
such a treat and the peace and quiet is truly
enjoyable.

We also spent a couple of days at Vero Beach
after doing the 3 day cruise. The cruise was
spectacular. The Wonder is almost a duplicate
of the Magic. The biggest difference I noted was
the theme of the Wonder is the Little Mermaid and
the formal dining room is Triton's where it is
Lumiere's on the Magic.

Another wonderful Disney vacation comes to an
end and I start planning and looking forward to
next year's. Oh how I wish I were still there.

I had trouble using the AMEX discount at WOD, too, which is ridiculous since, even though I was staying on points, I still managed to rack up a sizeable account balance on my AMEX card, what with charging my tickets, meals, souveniers, etc. I finally got the discount by insisting that DVC'ers were entitled to it even though they were staying on points, but I had the feeling that the CM thought I was trying to pull one over on her.

It's clear that many of the CMs at the Disney Stores have no clue as to the difference between DVC, DC and MKC (see the earlier post about getting Park Hoppers with a DVC card). This confusion cuts both ways. Sometimes you get a discount you aren't supposed to, but sometimes you don't get what you should. This is arbitrary and unfair to both the members and Disney. Shopping shouldn't be a lottery (even if sometimes you win).

Disney can't be unware of this. How hard is it to put out a notice to CMs explaining the difference between the discounts?

Disneyland: '56,'91,'98
Disneyland Paris: '94
Disney Magic: '00
WDW Off-Site: '76,'98
Contemporary: '88,'90
Caribbean Beach: '93
Grand Floridian: '95
Dixie Landings: '97
BWV: 11/00

It is kind of a crap shoot whether or not you get a discount. We are suppossed to get a discount on merchandise at the Disney Store. We are not entitled to get a discount on any park passes except the UMP and the new 5 year pass. But, it sounds like lots of folks do get the discounts on passes at TDS. We are also not entitled to a discount from on-line or catalog purchases but some folks get that as well. We are not entitled to the World of Disney or any other DD discounts. We should get the AMEX discount at DD when we are staying at WDW. Renaming the MKC the "Disney Club" has only added further to the confusion!

There is a DVC cast member who works on gettng us a variety of benfits. She has been working with the Disney Stores home base in California to clarify the DVC discount.

Also, this cast member told me that if any DVC member has problems not getting their discount at a Disney Store to please email or phone Member Services with the exact location of the store. The message will be forwarded to her & she will follow up.

[This message was edited by JudithM on 01-31-01 at 03:43 PM.]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter