DVC logo merchandise

frydcs

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone. I will be in OKW for the first 2 weeks of October. 7 days and counting. Just wanted to know if they had some new logo merchandise in any of the DVC resorts?

Thanks.

Steven

I don't know about DVC merchandise, but that's the beginning of the celebration of Walt's 100th birthday.

There's sure to be tons of new merchandise.

Happy shopping!:)

We have been members since '97 and have always been dissapointed in the availablility of DVC merchandise. I think we need to all email MS and tell them we want to proudly wear our DVC logo. Can't hurt to request!

We were there in Aug. I purchased a tee shirt and golf shirt that said DVC Member. Also got the beach towel. Would have loved the jacket but just could not justify the price.

I talked to Member Services about the lack of DVC merchandise recently and she told me that they're aware that DVCers are clammoring for stuff to buy. They're apparently looking into the costs versus rewards-- I hope it pans out in our favor!

Of course, and I almost hate to say this, but if the merchandise was very easy to come by would we enjoy it quite as much?? I know I treasure my much sought after goodies so much more because you can't just go out and buy them! I'm talking about things like luggage tags, coolies and other goodies that aren't for sale. :cool:

when I was there in early september - okw did not have anything in my size except the white stuff (I hate white). they had a blue, and blue-green that were in sizes small and medium. (I wish that was my size).

BWV however had some stuff, and it was on sale. Not a whole lot, but something that was not white.

VWL also had some nice clothes - however again the really nice was a size medium. VWL also had alot of other stuff - pens, magnetics, etc that the other two did not.

Hopefully you will bring back better news - I complainted to everyone at the member meeting and they promised to get the right sizes for their members.

Originally posted by DVCajun
They're apparently looking into the costs versus rewards-- I hope it pans out in our favor!

Disney/DVC should be happy to make the merchandise available to members at attractive (lower) pricing - most of it is ridiculously overpriced now. It's free advertising for them and they should be happy that DVC members would wear it and proudly show they're loyalty. Maybe through a DVC merchandise catalog that only members receive with their yearly membership guide or dues bill, onsite by showing their DVC membership card, or even through the members only website. They have so much potential with the website and all they they have there is fluff.

I agree entirely, but I think what she was talking about was the fact that no matter how they market the merchandise there would be costs involved. Someone has to take care of the catalog, or man the on-line catalog, and that means more employees and that costs money. From what I understand, they eliminated a lot of the merchandise that was available early on because not enough merchandise sold to justify the expense involved in marketing it.

Come on Steven - All that DVC stuff that you have purchased on Ebay and you want more??? :)

Have a great trip home and here's to good hunting for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter