DVC marketing by WDW

JimC

DVC Co-Moderator
From Pass Porter News: "...Walt Disney World has announced that they're changing the "Disney Vacation Club Resorts" lodging category in brochures, marketing materials, etc. to Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts. Disney is not changing anything about Disney Vacation Club (DVC), or the status of those resorts (Old Key West, BoardWalk Villas, Wilderness Lodge Villas, Beach Club Villas, Saratoga Springs Resort, and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas). Rather, Disney wants to communicate that anybody can reserve a villa, not just DVC members..."

I saw this today on the ta site and I wa looking at it asking myself what was different. Thanks!!

Aren't they currently calling them the Home-Away-From-Home Resorts?

I think the wording Vacation Club could be confusing to those who don't understand. I think it's a good change for them.

My guess is that Disney may want to:

1. Alter market perception away from the perceived exclusivity of a club to a more generally available separate lodging category

2. Increase utilization of DVC resort rooms (this may be an outcome and not an objective)

3. Prepare for 2042 resorts transferring back to Disney -- particularly important for the DVC resorts appended to existing WDW resorts.

This only affects rooms booked via CRO.

Disney's rationale:

In an effort to alleviate confusion about the availability of Disney Vacation Club accommodations as nightly rentals, and to better describe these resorts' amenities, Disney vacation planners will use the term Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts in reference to the Disney Vacation Club properties for non-Members. (These resorts previously were listed as Disney Vacation Club Resorts.)

The Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts category tops off a line-up of Disney Resorts for every taste and budget, including Disney Value Resorts, Disney Moderate Resorts and Disney Deluxe Resorts.

As this resort category name change affects Guest rental bookings only, Disney Vacation Club Members will continue to know these properties as Disney Vacation Club Resorts.

Aren't they currently calling them the Home-Away-From-Home Resorts?

Nope, I don't think they've been called this for a while now. Even on disneyworld.com when you reserve a room its categorized as "Disney Vacation Club Resorts" not Home Away From Home anymore. :confused3

This only affects rooms booked via CRO.

Disney's rationale:

In an effort to alleviate confusion about the availability of Disney Vacation Club accommodations as nightly rentals, and to better describe these resorts' amenities, Disney vacation planners will use the term Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts in reference to the Disney Vacation Club properties for non-Members. (These resorts previously were listed as Disney Vacation Club Resorts.)

The Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts category tops off a line-up of Disney Resorts for every taste and budget, including Disney Value Resorts, Disney Moderate Resorts and Disney Deluxe Resorts.

As this resort category name change affects Guest rental bookings only, Disney Vacation Club Members will continue to know these properties as Disney Vacation Club Resorts.

But what about all the non-members who consider DVC resorts "Moderates"?!!! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter