DVC Member Cruise 10/22/06 Questions

TChrist05

DIS Veteran
Hello fellow cruisers and vacation club members....
The member cruise is slated for 10/22/06 and I understand that you can start booking it on 12/03/05....a couple of questions please....first, can you book with cash for this cruise or do you have to use points. Secondly, if they start bookings for it on 12/3 it is a Saturday, since we will be leaving the Magic that morning from our 7 day eastern. I know this is a member only, so how do you go about booking it...I understand that the last one filled up in 5 hours.....
Any and all info from you guys would be most appreciated!
Tom

I do know you can pay cash and it has to all be paid on the day it is booked, unlike other DCL cruises. As to how you are going to book it, the only thing I can think of is having someone else book it for you that you trust. I have not gone on the others member cruises but we are definitelely contemplating this one.

Are the reservations made through DCL reservations or are they through Member services? Like I said, we will be on the ship that morning, so I wonder if you can book it while on board? Paying the whole cruise up front is not an ideal situation, but if that is the only way to do it then i guess you have to. What happens if you need to cancel?
Thanks again...
Tom

Hi,

I looked all over and can't find them, where did you get next years dates from?

Thanks
Judy

It was on the last member update that i received online....DCL reservations has no info on this cruise.....they say to contact member services....
Tom

The reservations are made by calling Member Services on that Saturday morning. So, I would make sure that you have a cell phone with you in order to start calling.

And yes, you can use points or cash or a combo of both. But, any cash has to be paid in full at the time of booking.

alikat99 said:
And yes, you can use points or cash or a combo of both. But, any cash has to be paid in full at the time of booking.

The clarify (at least this is the way it was for the last cruise) you can combine points and cash but you must you one payment method per person. For example, if you have three people sailing, you could use points for one and cash for the other two. You couldn't just pay 50% of the cost in cash and 50% in points.

Anyone know what the cash and/or points prices are or maybe even were for the last one? Thanks

the season is a different season so it will be more thean the last member cruise.

Cheryl

TChrist05 said:
I don't know where I read it, but someone stated that it is more expensive than a regular 4 night Disney cruise....anyone have any information on this?
Yes, it was a few points more than a regular 4-night DCL cruise during the same season. But, this one will be at a more expensive "season", so expect the points to be more than last year's member cruise. I believe that the points/cash cost from this past cruise is still on the member website.

brandip22 said:
Anyone know what the cash and/or points prices are or maybe even were for the last one? Thanks
BCVOwner2002 (aka Annmarie) was kind enough to post them in this thread.

Here is the pricing information (per person) for the 2005 Member Cruise:

Cat 12 90 pts $688
Cat 11 90 pts $688
Cat 10 115 pts $782
Cat 9 123 pts $834
Cat 8 139 pts $938
Cat 7 150 pts $1,000
Cat 6 158 pts $1,058
Cat 5 166 pts $1,110
Cat 4 200 pts $1,318
Cat 3 341 pts $2,217

Additional passengers over 13 = 68 pts $458
ages (3-12) = 57 pts $406
ages 2 and under = 20 pts $196

MS waived the $75 fee with the initial booking and points or cash were due in full at the time of booking.

You may want to use this information as a guide but I'm sure the pricing will be more than this year. Annmarie

Best wishes -

For the 2005 Cruise, all gratuities were included for each person.

We paid all cash and we did pay in full at time of booking.

It was myself, Dh and 2 Ds's under 10.

Had a Blast, thought it was well worth it and would not hesitate to do another Member Cruise.

CarolNM and Annamarie thanks for posting the points and $$ chart for the 2006 Cruise. The points are about what I expected, we wnt on the 2005 cruise. It was great.

The points listed above are for the 2005 cruise not the 2006. The ones for 2006 are higher can can be found here. Click here

CarolMN said:
BCVOwner2002 (aka Annmarie) was kind enough to post them in this thread.

Here is the pricing information (per person) for the 2005 Member Cruise:

Cat 12 90 pts $688
Cat 11 90 pts $688
Cat 10 115 pts $782
Cat 9 123 pts $834
Cat 8 139 pts $938
Cat 7 150 pts $1,000
Cat 6 158 pts $1,058
Cat 5 166 pts $1,110
Cat 4 200 pts $1,318
Cat 3 341 pts $2,217

Additional passengers over 13 = 68 pts $458
ages (3-12) = 57 pts $406
ages 2 and under = 20 pts $196

MS waived the $75 fee with the initial booking and points or cash were due in full at the time of booking.

You may want to use this information as a guide but I'm sure the pricing will be more than this year. Annmarie

Best wishes -

I just cannot believe the cat. 12 is up $320! a different season does not justify that kind of increase! The points are 129 for cat 12, which is even worse. I'd still like to go but hate being taken advantage of because we love our DVC and love these member cruises, and all the goodies you get. I was thinking one points and one cash so neither one is gouged too bad if we decide to still go. Having it during food and wine makes it soooo tempting!

Sorry, but the no port call, no spa, increased cost have just driven me out of this one....

Okay, I am brand new to DVC so can someone tell me why they would vene contemplate this?

From this post I read that it's more expensive and that's it. What makes it better than a regular cruise?

We went on the 2005 members cruise. Here's my take on what special things were done:

- All tips were included in the price for staff on the ship (off ship tips not covered)
- Many special touches added. Such as getting a nice boa tie at checkin with a DVC badge on it and a name tag.
- Everyones cabin door had a magnetic "Welcome Home Members" sign
- A nice welcome basket in the room waiting for you with a buch of goodies ranging from a Disney sketch book to a wind up Mickey alarm clock.
- Every night when you got back to your room from dinner there was another nice little gift, mainly pins. Last night you got a limited edition (of 2,500) litograph of Minnie and Micky at CC with the Wonder in the background signed by the artist.
- A bunch of special presentations during the cruise from a VP at WDI to Art Linkletter.

The increase in price this year was expected and really didn't bother us, it was no spa and no ports beside CC that made us decide to not take the cruise this year.

We returned from BWV on 11/12 and I was super excited to see the member cruise postcard in our mail today. Started to 'what if' with my DW until..... I saw the prices... :earseek: Too much for us. Maybe in a couple of years we'll just book a sun-thurs trip home and then book one of the thurs-sun cruises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter