DVC Observations

4407mark

Walt's #1 Fan
We just returned from a week long stay at the Boardwalk Villas (our home resort) and I just wanted to pass along these observations...

1) We (family of four) have a hard time with the "funny taste" of the water so we pack a faucet mount water filter (we use the Pur system) and simply attach it to the kitchen sink faucet when we arrive. Just unscrew the faucet cap and the Pur filter fits perfectly. A word of warning to all DVCers - you might want to unscrew that faucet cap whether you use a water filter or not - and you might be surprised at the amount of "material" that is filtered out. I always clean the cap out when I remove it - in fact, I do this with all of the faucets in our villa. The filter removes the heavy sulphur smell and taste.

2) Who's using the countertops for a cutting board? I noticed a large number of "cuts" in the counter surface by the sink in our Boardwalk Villa.

3) The family had a blast at the Community Hall on the afternoon that it rained (air hockey and Nintendo were a blessing).

4) The concierge desk at the Boardwalk was a great help! They booked our reservations for breakfast at Boma and handled our purchase of Typhoon Lagoon tickets with ease - the staff there was wonderful!

5) The Boardwalk bell, valet and front desk staff were wonderful as always!!! We never waited on our car to be brought up - it was waiting on us, the bell stand sent someone to the room within 10 minutes of our call when we checked out, and the front desk staff couldn't have been nicer throughout our stay!

6) Extra Magic Hours (Early Entry) are wonderful and allowed us to enjoy four rides in the first hour before the park opened and not having to wait more than 15 minutes during EMH at the MK on a Friday night!

We had a blast each and every day - aside from still waiting for our third son to arrive from Guatemala, we were blessed with a wonderful trip! Oh well, now we have a reason to go next year!!!!

Mark

Mark,

Glad you had a good time!! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like it was a great time.

Thanks for sharing...we are leaving in 48 hours for the BWV!

Question for ya...we are switching villas during our trip (from a studio to a one-bedroom). We were planning on bringing our luggage down the morning we were "checking out" from one room, going to the parks, and then just returning later to our new room. Do you think they will move the luggage to our new room? Or will we have to go back to the lobby to get it?

They will deliver it to your room, but you will probably have to call. I don't think they will deliver it to an empty room. They will also pick it up from the first room and put it into storage for you. Tips are expected of course. We did this one time when we stayed at Boardwalk Inn our first night and moved to Boardwalk Villas the next day, it was very easy.

Kelly - As Debbie said, they will pick up the luggage from the studio, place it in storage and then deliver it to your one bedroom once you have checked in and called for it. We had a one bedroom and studio combo on this trip (anticipating having five of us) and it was worked out very well even for the four of us. This was the first time I had seen a studio and I think if it was just DW and I, we would go with a studio. We hardly fix a meal while we are there except maybe for a bowl of cereal or some fruit in the morning. However, DW has gotten spoiled with the one bedroom, especially the jacuzzi tub.

One other observation - the Boardwalk bakery no longer makes those delicious tiger tail donuts - they have moved more towards muffins, bagels, and turnovers...and the apple ones are delicious!
:cool1:

I agree the water really has a bad taste! We also bring along a faucet filter and water bottles with filters. I have the Britta type and they mount just right. The water bottles are Britta Sport bottles.

Glad you had a great time. :banana:

Thanks 4407Mark!

We are bringing a laptop down with us...do you think if we just pack it up in the luggage, it will be ok in storage? I just don't want it to get stolen. :earseek:

Kelly - I travelled with my laptop on this last trip and the last few as well. When we checked out on Monday, I left my laptop case with the rest of the luggage in storage. We went to the MK and then came back by the Boardwalk to pick up luggage about four hours later. The laptop was fine and I've never had a problem with leaving it in storage.

Thanks for the note about the water filters, when we have a longer stay, I think we will follow your lead.

We're heading to BWV soon, glad you had such a great time!

Bobbi :dog:

Thanks for taking the time to share your observations with us. I enjoyed reading your comments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter