DVC Pools, Pool Hopping, Etc.

Oh well, it was a good idea. I told my little snot that pool hopping was out and she said, "I guess you better shell out another hundred for the Water Parks." She is just too danged spoiled. She also has the list of restaurants pulled up on her MacBook... she's picking out where we are going to be "abusing" the DxDP.

Hey Deb, do you know what happens when someone trades into DVC through RCI? Any clue what is says on the key card? Just thinking out loud...
It does not say member, even if they are a member otherwise.

I haven't read the entire thread, but wanted to say that we did pool hop last "adult" trip we had.. we checked out other dvc's... ex: we went to the Boardwalk pool for about an hour.. checked out the boardwalk..
We took a boat from SSR (our home resort) over to OKW.. we used the pool here for a bit.. and checked out the resort.

I enjoyed it and like the perk.. will I do it every time.. I doubt it.. but it does give you access to something else to do.. :thumbsup2

I haven't read the entire thread, but wanted to say that we did pool hop last "adult" trip we had.. we checked out other dvc's... ex: we went to the Boardwalk pool for about an hour.. checked out the boardwalk..
We took a boat from SSR (our home resort) over to OKW.. we used the pool here for a bit.. and checked out the resort.

I enjoyed it and like the perk.. will I do it every time.. I doubt it.. but it does give you access to something else to do.. :thumbsup2
We do the same thing, except we "bar" hop the different resorts..
God, please don't get rid of the bar hopping perk.. :teeth:

MG

We do the same thing, except we "bar" hop the different resorts..
God, please don't get rid of the bar hopping perk.. :teeth:

MG

We did that one time....love the bar hop....even better, love the bus rides "home".

Cheryl

I've read the pool hopping rules but I really want to make sure. I hate going against rules so please let me know.... Staying at OKW on our membership. Can we use the quiet pool at the Yacht club? I know we can't use Sab or the beach club villas quiet pool but wasn't sure about the quiet pool at yacht club. Of course, this is assuming the pool isn't packed with other guests but ive never seen the quiet pool packed even in July.

I've read the pool hopping rules but I really want to make sure. I hate going against rules so please let me know.... Staying at OKW on our membership. Can we use the quiet pool at the Yacht club? I know we can't use Sab or the beach club villas quiet pool but wasn't sure about the quiet pool at yacht club. Of course, this is assuming the pool isn't packed with other guests but ive never seen the quiet pool packed even in July.

Yacht Club is not a DVC property...so, you are not supposed to pool hop there ever. That being said....

Yacht Club is not a DVC property...so, you are not supposed to pool hop there ever. That being said....

Beca, you are confused. The YC is not a DVC property, but neither is the Contemporary or the Polynesian or Coronado Springs. But any DVC member can legally pool hop to those pools as long as pool hopping is permitted for the time they are going.

DVC used to include all the pools at YC and BC, but now they seem to only include Stormalong Bay and the Dunes Cove pool in the forbidden ones.

Beca, you are confused. The YC is not a DVC property, but neither is the Contemporary or the Polynesian or Coronado Springs. But any DVC member can legally pool hop to those pools as long as pool hopping is permitted for the time they are going.

DVC used to include all the pools at YC and BC, but now they seem to only include Stormalong Bay and the Dunes Cove pool in the forbidden ones.

Cool!! Thanks! I thought it was just DVC properties you could hop to.

We've never pool hopped and I can't imagine that we ever will. Unless we are traveling with my youngest brother's family (which includes two small boys), we don't even use the resort's pools.

That's us too. Maybe it's Minnesota thing.:)

Forgive me if this information is in this huge thread, but we are staying at BLT this summer and are thinking about hopping over to the Poly pool. Will we be allowed to park our car there? If so, how does that work? If not, I guess you ride the monorail. :confused3 I would definitely make sure the kids were well dried before doing that. :goodvibes

So it seems like yes we can! Deb & Bill, as always thank you for the information
I realize the info suggests that and it may be so but I can tell you that previous lists of such measures at times have specifically spelled out that all pools at the YC/BC were off limits.

From the latest Portable Perks, for 2013, found at http://advc.disney.go.com/media/dvc/languagespecific/eng/member/justformembers/perks/PortablePerks-WDW-122912.pdf:

When staying on your Membership at any Disney Vacation Club Resort
at the Walt Disney World Resort or Disney’s Vero Beach Resort, you
and any Guests staying with you are permitted to use most of the other
Disney Vacation Club and Walt Disney World Resort hotel pools (in
addition to the pool at the resort hotel at which you are staying) if they
are not at capacity. If the pool you are visiting reaches capacity, you may
be asked to leave in order to accommodate Guests of that resort hotel.
Please check with a host or hostess at the front desk of the resort you
wish to visit before you go to find out about pool-access availability.
You must present your current Key to the World Card with your “DVC
Member” designation on it to use the other resort hotel pools.

Pool hopping is not available at Bay Cove Pool at Bay Lake Tower at
Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Uzima Pool and Samawati Springs Pool
at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Stormalong Bay at Disney’s Yacht &
Beach Club Resorts, the leisure pool at Disney’s Beach Club Villas, and
the pools at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort. There are no exceptions to
this policy.

Resort hotel pools may become unavailable from time to time due to
capacity limitations. Due to the high occupancy that is expected, you and
any Guests staying with you may not pool hop during the dates listed on
the next page.

POOL HOPPING BLOCKOUT DATES*
February 16 – 23 (Saturday – Saturday)
March 24 – April 7 (Sunday – Sunday)
May 25 – 28 (Saturday – Tuesday)
June 29 – July 8 (Saturday – Monday)
August 30 – September 2 (Friday – Monday)
November 25 – December 1 (Monday – Sunday)
December 15 – January 5 (Sunday – Sunday)

As a reminder, please be mindful of the limited number of pool chairs
available, and refrain from leaving towels or personal items on
unoccupied pool chairs.

*Other restricted dates may be added based on projected pool capacity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter