Dvc rental store refunds for owners when renters cancel

Hoppy-tn

Mouseketeer
I saw on the dvc store rental agreement that they offer a stress free cancellation for renters. I called and left 2 messages with dvc rental store and sent an email today with no response so thought I would check here and see if there is anywhere that states the policy for owners when a renter cancels. Does the owner have to return the original 75% they received for making the reservation and does the owner still get the 25% owed to them? Just looking for some clarification on what happens to the owner when a renter cancels with the stress free policy.

I saw on the dvc store rental agreement that they offer a stress free cancellation for renters. I called and left 2 messages with dvc rental store and sent an email today with no response so thought I would check here and see if there is anywhere that states the policy for owners when a renter cancels. Does the owner have to return the original 75% they received for making the reservation and does the owner still get the 25% owed to them? Just looking for some clarification on what happens to the owner when a renter cancels with the stress free policy.
I'm 99% sure they eat the loss if a renter cancels, that's why they charge more than other rental sites. They would have a hard time attracting owners to offer up their points if their money wasn't guaranteed.

Nine times out of ten, though, they will find another renter to take over the reservation and issue you a courtesy payment for you having to change the lead guest and other guest details with MS for the booking. I’ve had a lot of cancellations by renters through this broker but not once have I been in the position of the points remaining available by the time the reservation rolls around. They always seem to find another to take the place.

Nine times out of ten, though, they will find another renter to take over the reservation and issue you a courtesy payment for you having to change the lead guest and other guest details with MS for the booking. I’ve had a lot of cancellations by renters through this broker but not once have I been in the position of the points remaining available by the time the reservation rolls around. They always seem to find another to take the place.

This sounds about right. Many people who want to rent points don't understand that they need to be on top of that 11-month mark to get exactly the resort and dates they want. I'm sure most rental services have some sort of internal waitlisting for this type of situation--if the previous renter drops out, or even for DVC folks who booked a week and would rather sell the week than potentially habe points go into holding and risk losing them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter