DVC resorts with walk in showers or low tub/bars

Cindra

Mouseketeer
We have stayed at Saratoga Springs resorts the last several times we have visited Disney due to it's location near Disney Springs. When traveling with some family members it is becoming necessary to have either a walk-in shower or a low tub with bar to get in. One family member wasn't comfortable on the recent trip with the height of the tub at Saratoga Springs resort and no bar to hold onto to get in.

We know that Copper Creek allows specific booking to a room with a walk in shower. Does anyone have additional information about the best DVC rooms for a person who is concerned with getting into a high tub without a bar to assist with stability?

I always stay in a 1 bedroom, so I can't answer about studios.

Animal Kingdom Kidani Village 1 bedroom has a walk-in shower in the master bath (in addition to the tub). It has a second bathroom with a tub/shower combo.

Saratoga Springs 1 bedroom had a walk-in shower (with a separate tub).

You can view floor plans of various DVC rooms on the DVC member website under Destinations > (select resort) > Room & Points > View Floor Plans under the desired room type.

Usually Studio but on occasion we book a 1 bedroom
Usually 1 bedrooms, the master bathroom shower is a walk in shower. For Studios I think CCV is the only one with a walk in shower option. I don’t know the ratio I think it is around 45/55 split with walk in shower and tub studios.

Is there any particular reason you don't want to book a handicap accessible room?

Every resort has rooms that have roll-in showers, and most of the resorts have rooms with tubs with grab bars, you can see the options when you search for accessible rooms in the RAT.

Book an accessible room and be assured. There are a variety of them depending on the need.

Kidani studios don't have any kind of bars around their tub. Last time I was at Poly (pre-COVID), the shower was walk-in plus it had a bench.

BWV 1 bedrooms all have a walk in shower - tub in a separate room from the shower & toilet. Also have an entrance to the bathroom from both the bedroom and the living area.

Studios there are all tub/shower combos, unless you book an accessible one. Recommend you do that everywhere for a studio if you are traveling with someone who needs a walk-in or grab bars.

We have stayed at Saratoga Springs resorts the last several times we have visited Disney due to it's location near Disney Springs. When traveling with some family members it is becoming necessary to have either a walk-in shower or a low tub with bar to get in. One family member wasn't comfortable on the recent trip with the height of the tub at Saratoga Springs resort and no bar to hold onto to get in.

We know that Copper Creek allows specific booking to a room with a walk in shower. Does anyone have additional information about the best DVC rooms for a person who is concerned with getting into a high tub without a bar to assist with stability?

I had recommended booking an accessible room above for any resort you're uncertain about. A wheelchair accessible tub room will have grab bars at the tub and a roll in shower will of course have the walk in shower. Same for the larger villas.

However to expand on resorts where you could safely book without the accessible rooms: For studios with walk in showers there is CCV which has a category for it that you must book, and PVB, VGF and Riviera all have split baths in any studio you book and will have both a walk in shower and a tub. An FYI for the latter 3 though is that anyone can be put into an accessible room if they have not been booked by someone requiring it and you could potentially end up with just a tub. It would have grab bars though which seems to be the minimum requirement for your guest so that should be ok.

And for 1BR's - all resort 1BR have a separate walk in shower except Jambo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter