• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

dvc site and countdown clock

CinderellasSister

DIS Veteran
Hi All! I've seen a few people mention about being able to download the countdown clock from the member website to their desktops. Could someone please tell me how to do this? I would love to have it on my desktop. I'm normally pretty good with computers, but this seems to be escaping me! :badpc:
thanks all!!

Hi All! I've seen a few people mention about being able to download the countdown clock from the member website to their desktops. Could someone please tell me how to do this? I would love to have it on my desktop. I'm normally pretty good with computers, but this seems to be escaping me! :badpc:
thanks all!!

Go to the main site page.

Click on "Refer a Friend"

Then click "Free Member Downloads"

Click the link for the Disney Desktop that best fits your current video resolution (1024 x 768 is the most common).

It should download and install itself and *poof* the countdown clock should appear in the lower righ hand corner.

Hope that helps!

i take it that clock is for DVC members only

guess i'll have to wait until I get through all the paperwork.:rolleyes1

i take it that clock is for DVC members only

guess i'll have to wait until I get through all the paperwork.:rolleyes1

Yup, in the members only area.

Once you RECEIVE your paperwork (heck, if you ask your guide, before that..so long as you've been assigned a member number), you can call Member Services and get your pin and club number. Once you have that, you can sign on to the website.

I just want to mention that it will NOT work on Windows Vista systems. Only Windows XP and earlier that support active desktops. (Unless I am missing something.) I lost my countdown calendar when I upgradeed to Vista, and I'm not happy about it....reason enough to re-consider upgrading to Vista.

That is SO COOL!! Now it's right on my desk at work and I can remind myself every day!!! :cool1:

I just want to mention that it will NOT work on Windows Vista systems. Only Windows XP and earlier that support active desktops. (Unless I am missing something.) I lost my countdown calendar when I upgradeed to Vista, and I'm not happy about it....reason enough to re-consider upgrading to Vista.

Upgrade to Mac OSX. The countdown for the Dashboard works great.

johno

I can't. All of my work software needs Windows. I need to earn a living to pay for DVC !! hee hee !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter