DVC Title and Escrow Can't Process CA Resale

Rex1993

Mouseketeer
I just got word that DVC Title and Escrow isn't able to handle title transfers on CA properties right now. I had chosen them on my VGC purchase and paid the deposit and they got things off to ROFR. Apparently something happened and Mason Title had to take over. It's not a big deal for me as my contract is already in ROFR but I'm disappointed that the seller's broker was the one who ended having to deal with this and I haven't heard a peep from Cammy or anyone else. The broker said that he loves working with them on FL stuff and he's not sure what happened but this one is now in Marcello's hands. Wish me luck!

Ugh, we passed ROFR on 1/26 and were still waiting on our closing docs and this was the last thing I wanted to hear. Let's see what the broker and Cammy have to say about this.

I recently finalized a VGC transaction through DVC Title and Escrow. Since it was a California property, DVC Title subbed it out to Fidelity Title in CA. Fidelity was SLOOOOW. When everything was signed by both sides and money wired, it still took them 38 days to close. Cammy had a lot of trouble getting any information out of them.

Maybe Cammy has given up on using them due to their poor service?

I recently finalized a VGC transaction through DVC Title and Escrow. Since it was a California property, DVC Title subbed it out to Fidelity Title in CA. Fidelity was SLOOOOW. When everything was signed by both sides and money wired, it still took them 38 days to close. Cammy had a lot of trouble getting any information out of them.

Oh, that would explain it. Sounds like she was subbing it out. I had Fidelity on my first VGC purchase and they were really slow and somewhat evasive in communicating.

The broker indicated that he works with Cammy a lot on FL transfers and it's been excellent. Unfortunately it seems anything outside of FL may have been going through a different title company on the backend.

The broker indicated that he works with Cammy a lot on FL transfers and it's been excellent. Unfortunately it seems anything outside of FL may have been going through a different title company on the backend.
I believe it has to do with the way recording is done by county/state. Orange County FL ≠ Orange County, CA.

I am still waiting for my final (recorded) papers from my transaction that closed 2 weeks ago. Fidelity Title CA is unbelievably slow.

Mason Title did our VGC last year. Marcello was quick, but I did find typos in the documents that needed to be corrected.

Evidently not because she is using them and we are stuck waiting on our closing docs after passing ROFR 2 weeks ago.

She is also ignoring my emails asking for any updates which just make this entire process even more frustrating. I understand there's only so much they can do but ghosting us for something they weren't up front about is just not acceptable.

There were 160 points expiring at the end of May that we could have used, but with how this is dragging out it's looking unlikely we would get to use them.

Evidently not because she is using them and we are stuck waiting on our closing docs after passing ROFR 2 weeks ago.

She is also ignoring my emails asking for any updates which just make this entire process even more frustrating. I understand there's only so much they can do but ghosting us for something they weren't up front about is just not acceptable.

There were 160 points expiring at the end of May that we could have used, but with how this is dragging out it's looking unlikely we would get to use them.
Sorry to hear that. The exact same thing happened to me. Perhaps contact your broker and get them involved? I got more updates from the broker than Cammy.

Sorry to hear that. The exact same thing happened to me. Perhaps contact your broker and get them involved? I got more updates from the broker than Cammy.
Yep, the broker was how I even found out it was Fidelity holding things up, because Cammy has completely ghosted us.

I am still waiting for my final (recorded) papers from my transaction that closed 2 weeks ago. Fidelity Title CA is unbelievably slow.
When did you find out they were subbing out the closing? Cammy was never up front about this with us until I asked her directly about it, and ever since then she's completely ghosted us.

Had we known about this from the beginning, we wouldn't have chosen them to close.

When did you find out they were subbing out the closing? Cammy was never up front about this with us until I asked her directly about it, and ever since then she's completely ghosted us.

Had we known about this from the beginning, we wouldn't have chosen them to close.
I found out two days after ROFR passed when I asked Cammy about the papers. The closing papers listed:

Fidelity National Title Insurance Company
2121 Palomar Airport Road, Suite 330B, Carlsbad, CA 92011
Phone: 800-834-3882
http://www.fnf.com

I did email the person listed on the papers directly once, and she didn't reply.

If I had to do this again, I would not choose either DVC Title or Fidelity Title for a California closing. I am not sure what Mason Title does with California properties. They might sub it out as well.

I thought my deal was delayed due to probate issues, but maybe this is more a Fidelity issue given your situation. Mine closed on 1/25 and I have yet to receive final papers or the title insurance policy.

I found out two days after ROFR passed when I asked Cammy about the papers. The closing papers listed:

Fidelity National Title Insurance Company
2121 Palomar Airport Road, Suite 330B, Carlsbad, CA 92011
Phone: 800-834-3882
http://www.fnf.com

I did email the person listed on the papers directly once, and she didn't reply.

If I had to do this again, I would not choose either DVC Title or Fidelity Title for a California closing. I am not sure what Mason Title does with California properties. They might sub it out as well.

I thought my deal was delayed due to probate issues, but maybe this is more a Fidelity issue given your situation. Mine closed on 1/25 and I have yet to receive final papers or the title insurance policy.
Yikes, that’s ridiculous. We passed ROFR on 1/26 and was told to expect closing docs in 3-5 days. I checked in the following week and was told that they were still waiting for the docs from the “closing agent.” So the whole time they knew this was going to be an issue and it wasn’t until I saw this thread that we got the full picture of what was happening.

The delay is definitely a Fidelity issue. We were told by the broker that underwriting for the title insurance was what was holding it up. That said, the lack of transparency on their end has been unacceptable, and the way they have ghosted us makes us think they have something to hide here.

Yikes, that’s ridiculous. We passed ROFR on 1/26 and was told to expect closing docs in 3-5 days. I checked in the following week and was told that they were still waiting for the docs from the “closing agent.” So the whole time they knew this was going to be an issue and it wasn’t until I saw this thread that we got the full picture of what was happening.

The delay is definitely a Fidelity issue. We were told by the broker that underwriting for the title insurance was what was holding it up. That said, the lack of transparency on their end has been unacceptable, and the way they have ghosted us makes us think they have something to hide here.
Their "underwriter" seemed to hold up my transaction as well, they didn't like some tax form from the seller, and then they wanted an official death certificate at the last minute, even though this person had passed 6 years ago and they knew that at the beginning. My opinion is that the people at Fidelity are not in a rush and just don't care.

Their "underwriter" seemed to hold up my transaction as well, they didn't like some tax form from the seller, and then they wanted an official death certificate at the last minute, even though this person had passed 6 years ago and they knew that at the beginning. My opinion is that the people at Fidelity are not in a rush and just don't care.
That seems consistent with their reputation, which begs the question why DVC Title chose to work with them, and why they have been so evasive about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter