DVS Studio vs. Deluxe Room

aubeone

DIS Veteran
I am debating renting points for a DVC Studio instead of a Deluxe Room. Any recommendations or thoughts? :confused3

I think it depends on whats important to you. Both will be very comforatble. The studio will have the kitchenette, but the deluxe room will have maid service everyday...

I'm confused. By "deluxe room", do you mean renting points to use at a non-DVC resort to get a "room", which would include maid service? Or are you referring to the 1BR and 2BR options at a DVC resort, which would not include maid service? It's going to cost a lot more points (read, a lot more $$!) for the former than you would have to rent for a 1BR (in most cases, I think) where you get a full kitchen, a washer/dryer, and a lot more space, even though you don't get maid service every day.

Which resorts are you considering and how many people of what ages? Those things could make a difference. All DVC studios except OKW have a queen bed and a sofa bed. For 2 people I like having the sofa to sit and watch TV and it frees up a little floor space as well. Having the microwave, toaster, and coffee maker can be a real plus especially in the morning. I think you may have a fridg in both types of rooms so that may not be a consideration. The big difference is as was stated - no daily maid service - for me that is a plus- only takes a minute to pull up the covers and if I really want clean towels I wash them while at the pool. Stayed at AKL savannal view a couple of years ago and WL many years ago in a regular woods view room and the room size was the same or smaller than the studios I have stayed in. Don't know how that compares at other deluxe resorts as I have not seen those rooms. Good luck with your decison and have fun planning a trip.

flexsmom said:
I'm confused. By "deluxe room", do you mean renting points to use at a non-DVC resort to get a "room", which would include maid service? Or are you referring to the 1BR and 2BR options at a DVC resort, which would not include maid service? It's going to cost a lot more points (read, a lot more $$!) for the former than you would have to rent for a 1BR (in most cases, I think) where you get a full kitchen, a washer/dryer, and a lot more space, even though you don't get maid service every day.

I think the OP is talking about staying in a DVC studio vs staying at a deluxe resort. This post was moved from the resorts board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter