DW update -- Radiation Schedule is Set

How wonderful that the end is in site.

Continued best wishes for your DW and hugs for you all!

Tamie

So happy that Nicole's doing well and that it's almost over! You guys are always in my thoughts.

Hugs to Nikole and family.....I am keeping you in my prayers...I know it will go smoothly........stay strong... Steve, keep us informed please.. :)

Keeping you and your family in my prayers. Nice to see the end is in sight. I'm sure the days won't go fast enough, but it will soon be over.

Thanks for the update on Nicole, Steve. I've been keeping her in my prayers. I'm one year out from breast cancer, and it's such a nice feeling to know that the end is in sight. I found radiation to be more of a pain than chemo - I think the fact that you have to go every single day, day after day. Like Nicole, I had a standing 7:30 appt. and then would head off to work afterward. Tell her to get as much rest as she possibly can and to leave all the cleaning and laundry to you!!

Please give her my best wishes that it goes fast for her. Take care!

Thanks for the update Steve. I will keep Nicole in my prayers.
Scott

So glad there is a light at the end of the tunnel! Hope it goes by fast for her.
All of you will be in my prayers.

Originally posted by jan/cape
Glad to hear things are moving forward. How many areas are being treated? I had two areas treated.The first 1/2 was the mantle (throat, chest, under arms.) Second set of treatments were abdominal...with just minimal nausea.
I asked my oncology nurse why I wasn't getting burned like the women being treated for breast cancer and her reply was you won't get the burn.....it's a different 'animal'.
After my very last treatment I sobbed like a baby ( I think partly due to relief it was over) I actually told them they saved my life! and got hugs from everyone.
Nicole you'll do great! It takes longer to undress for the treatments than the actual treatment.
Keep us updated and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask........10 years cancer free!!

Just the mantle area, Jan -- focusing on the sternum primarily, which is where the last remaining mass is located. :)

Thanks for the info on the burning -- hopefully, the same will be true for Nicole.

Oh, and :bounce: :Pinkbounc on 10 cancer-free years!! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter