• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

E-Rewards and Southwest

phorsenuf

Not so New Rule author
I got an invitation through Southwest to join this program. Wondering for those who use it, is it any good? Do you get many opportunities to do the surveys? I would use it to build up my SW rapid reward points.
What has been your experiences?

I got an invitation through Southwest to join this program. Wondering for those who use it, is it any good? Do you get many opportunities to do the surveys? I would use it to build up my SW rapid reward points.
What has been your experiences?
I get a lot of surveys because we own a small business and because of the nature of our business.

I don't do every survey that comes my way. But I find that it's a good way to keep those Southwest RR points from expiring. e-Rewards points also count toward Companion Pass status.

I do as many as I can, but often they expire before I can get to a regular device as they don't always work on my phone. I haven't been doing it that long and have around $100 in credit and I would say I get to do around 1 in every 5 it offers

I've been averaging about $50 a month in erewards credit since I joined in June-that's 1200 rapid rewards points a month plus the initial 500 I got from southwest for joining and doing my first survey

I've been averaging about $50 a month in erewards credit since I joined in June-that's 1200 rapid rewards points a month plus the initial 500 I got from southwest for joining and doing my first survey
Do you get that from just doing the surveys or from taking the offers to earn points? ETA I was thinking of e-miles which you can earn SW miles

Last edited:
Do you get that from just doing the surveys or from taking the offers to earn points? ETA I was thinking of e-miles which you can earn SW miles
Surveys

Emiles takes me forever to earn enough miles for anything because I only do the surveys/follow links (don't buy anything or sign up for other websites)

I was first made aware of eRewards through SWA and it has worked pretty well for me. I find myself cashing in points for miles about every other month. As PP mentioned, the links do seem to expire quickly, so jump on any survey you are offered. I find it is worth my time for the extra miles I get. And sometimes, it's actually kind of interesting!

I've been doing e-Rewards for a while now and like it. I find I qualify for their surveys more often than Swagbucks.

I get a lot of surveys because we own a small business and because of the nature of our business.

I don't do every survey that comes my way. But I find that it's a good way to keep those Southwest RR points from expiring. e-Rewards points also count toward Companion Pass status.

Marionette, I've been thinking about cashing out my e-Rewards for Southwest RR points. So am I reading your post correctly that by adding these points to my already existing RR account then I can keep all my RR from expiring? I thought maybe that's how it worked, but wasn't positive.

I like erewards, when I have the time to do the surveys...it's a nice way to get a few more SWA points....

I have been a member for more than 10 years going back to when I had a job where I traveled a lot. I earn ~ $150/year in surveys. I cash out for Starbucls gift cards, iTunes for the kids and sometimes Best Buy. I can only cash out for Starbucks every 180 days and I don't like leaving a lot of money in any rewards program so I do Best Buy. I have done some product testing and one line discussion events.

I've been doing e-Rewards for a while now and like it. I find I qualify for their surveys more often than Swagbucks.

Marionette, I've been thinking about cashing out my e-Rewards for Southwest RR points. So am I reading your post correctly that by adding these points to my already existing RR account then I can keep all my RR from expiring? I thought maybe that's how it worked, but wasn't positive.
Yes, any "earning activity" keeps the points from expiring.

It didn't work for me. I never could get to the surveys in time or I didn't qualify. I theorized that it might have been because I was on the west coast.

Been doing it for several years (am on the west coast too). At first Ii used it for Delta miles (no longer) and sometimes Southwest RR. But, mostly for magazine subscriptions. I like reading magazines, but would never buy a subscription. (have about 8 coming now)

I'm the same. Approx $50/month. There are times when I am just not in the mood for doing the surveys so I might go a couple of weeks without doing any but then I get right back into it.

I've done a surveys on a couple of other sites before but these ones are the easiest.

I quit doing their surveys because the only gift card I could get was American Eagle. My friend is able to get other rewards, but when I wrote inquired they said depending upon when you signed up, you are offered different gifts.

Wow that's crazy-I have a whole bunch of gift card options but I always redeem for the southwest points

I quit doing their surveys because the only gift card I could get was American Eagle. My friend is able to get other rewards, but when I wrote inquired they said depending upon when you signed up, you are offered different gifts.
I originally got the invitation from US Airways but I have options to get GCs for iTunes, Starbucks, Best Buy, Omaha Steaks, Macys, and magazines.

I had an offer to sign up through Hilton Honors rewards. Got a few extra point for doing so. Have earned $50 in starbucks cards in addition to Fortune and Time magazine subscriptions. It's been worth it.

Same here. I have been a member for 2 years and we had 27,ooo reward points and I bought a round trip ticket for my DD to travel.

I like the program, because if you do not qualify you, the still give you .25 - .50 for trying. It adds up fast. I get notified by email. I click on, and I do not think the surveys are longer than 15 minutes. Friday I got credit for $10 and it was about Disney. Love those.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter