Early Booking Rate is illegal lost leader

I too, did not pay attention to the August first date for early booking. I just happened to call on 8/7 and booked Costa Rica without any porblems

Someone already said this, but i think it bears repeating:
You can rent points for at least $11.50-$14 per point and then use the money to pay for the trip without the discount an yet still have plenty left over. Hope you get to take your trip afterall!

I too, did not pay attention to the August first date for early booking. I just happened to call on 8/7 and booked Costa Rica without any porblems

I was in Costa Rica when the 2009 dates were announced. I booked the Australia trip on Aug 9, got the EBD, and got my first choice.

We also had no problem getting the EBD, booking on the second day the trips were offered.

I will say, though, that if one was not following along on the DIS, or checking the ABD website, one might have missed when they offered the new trips. Just two days ago, so on August 16, we received a letter from ABD telling us they wanted us to be among the "first to know" about their 2009 trips, and touting an early booking discount. If that had been my only notice that new trips were out, I'm sure I would have missed the EBD.

I think they were just taken by surprise that so many people were ready to book on day one. There has probably been a lot of concern in the travel industry with the economy the way it is. But I do NOT think they had false adverstising at all. It was clear on their website that the EBD was limited - how is this any different than a store having specials on Black Friday, and when they're gone, they are gone?

Perhaps next year, we will all get letters telling us that the dates are about to be released....Either way, I'm sure we'll be on top of it already thanks to the DIS:goodvibes

I agree entirely - DIS informed me of the loyalty bonus - I was not offered it at the time of enquiry and had to advise the concierge at time of booking too.......Thanks DIS and every one on it.... another $300 saved cannot be sneezed at!!

Well, I can see your frustration, but I think they are pretty clear it only covers a certain percentage of the bookings, and really has nothing to do with how far out you book. I called immediately after the Backstage Magic tour opened to go this coming January (2008 Adventures) and the gal on the phone was very clear to me that the special rate was only good until a certain percentage of the trip was booked. I DO think they need to make this information much clearer in all advertising and with the people that answer the phone. We and our friends booked that very day and got the discount. I can sure see your disappointment..the discount is pretty good. Would you be able to pick a different time for the trip that might still have the discount available?

I agree entirely - DIS informed me of the loyalty bonus - I was not offered it at the time of enquiry and had to advise the concierge at time of booking too.......Thanks DIS and every one on it.... another $300 saved cannot be sneezed at!!

It always seems to depend on with whom you speak. When I called, the agent asked if I had traveled with them before, and that sped up taking our information. Then, we she gave me the pricing, she included the loyalty discount.

Of course the converse is true: if she hadn't, I would have known about it from the board and asked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter