• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Early dining wait list?

kal74

Earning My Ears
We are booked for the 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise in Feb and my kids would never make it till 815pm for dinner but it looks as if the early seating is booked. Has anyone had a luck wait listing for early seating and the time being moved? I know it's far in advance but also a busy time of year so don't want to get my hopes up

Yes, there are very good chances to be moved. You have a few options here on how to move that along.
1. Call DCL and request to be changed to early dining now...they may do it instead of waitlisting you if they can, however, the earlier you get placed on the waitlist the better.
2. . If they wait list you, call back a couple of times from now until sailing and check on the status of your request. Also, check your DCL reservation number to see if they changed it for you before you call.
They do not notify you that you have been switched, you would just find out via your reservation information.
3. If they do not change you between now and the cruise, go to the location noted on the Navigator on embarkation day and request a change then.

I booked our cruise last Sept (2016) for our departure of this June 2017 and was also wait listed, but just last month found out we are in main seating now, so giving that you have almost 10 months to go, you should be fine, but like other posters said, make sure you call DCL and put in the request and check in from time to time.

We've been on the wait list for main seating dining twice. Both times we got moved to main seating. I guess a lot of people are still booking dummy cruises instead of the placeholder cruise. When final payment is due, seems your dining request gets approved after all the cancelations.

I will also add that we didn't get a notification that our wait list for main seating was approved. I just happened to be checking our reservation online and notice the dining said "Main".

We've been wait listed a bunch of times even though it was a year away. All but once we were moved to main seating at least 6 months out. The only time we didn't get moved up was a cruise we booked only 4 months before sailing. That was understandable.

I will also add that we didn't get a notification that our wait list for main seating was approved. I just happened to be checking our reservation online and notice the dining said "Main".

same here.

We booked in January of this year for an August 2017 cruise and were waitlisted. I noticed a couple weeks ago while checking our reservation that we'd been moved to main dining, still almost a month before our PIF date.

Last edited:
I was moved from 2nd to main seating night 2 on board the boat, LOL. My in-laws just about fell asleep at the table, our servers noticed that wasn't going to work for us and move us. :rotfl:

We had that experience on Fantasy last summer and originally had 2nd seating then got moved to 1st. So it definitely happens. We weren't even requesting it.

After 10 cruises we have found second seating the best for our family. Young kids are off there schedule anyway. At least I hope they are. The reason being for second seating is late afternoon now becomes relaxed. No rushing to dinner. The pool deck, Aqua Duck are empty. The kids clubs are open until midnight

We had booked a cruise over a year ahead of time and were waitlisted for first seating. We ended up getting it but decided to stick with second.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter