early entry or not

irene2

Earning My Ears
Hi everybody. We are staying at the WL this July for the first time. My question is whether we should utilize the early entry and then switch to another park later in the day when it gets crowded or whether we should just go to another park altogether. I would really appreciate any thoughts on this, especially from anybody who has done this during the hot crowded time of year. Thanks

For MK, absolutely. You can pretty much wrap up fantasy land in the early hour. We generally stay until lunch, go back for our break and then head to a different park for the evening. We also do EE for Epcot, mostly just to ride Test Track and take pictures with the characters. We're going to try it this year for AK. We never do if for MGM because the attractions that are open just aren't appealing enough to pry us out of bed. I'd strongly suggest checking out the list of open attractions before making any decisions.

Hi irene2,

I think the golden rule is ALWAYS utilize EE if it is possible and stay until the crowd filters in. Then go back to your hotel, take a power snooze, or a nice swim and head back to (if the park you were in appeared crowded) a different one.

If it wasn't go back. From what everyone says that EE draws the crowd. But I wouldn't know in all my years of going to WDW, I've only seen 1 of them.:(

No early risers in my family!

Good Luck and have a great vacation,

We used early entry for the first part of our trip and found that the parks got so crowded it wasn't worth the stress of getting out so early. If you have must rides and no little ones then switching that early might work.

Hi. We just got back from our trip a few weeks ago. I would stay away from AK early day. It was a sight I've never seen! We got there at about 10 min after 8 (didn't judge time good enough for bus) and the lines to get through security were out to the parking lot! Maybe it will be different in July, but we hardly got to see any of AK.

Have a great trip.:teeth:

I agree with the second poster about the MK. Do Fantasyland or the big rides early, then get out by lunch and do another park. I personally don't like to be in the early entry park after 11 am.

We always avoid the EE park. We are from the midwest so that 8am opening time feels like 7 am to us. Our kids love to stay late and it is way too stressful to wake them at 6am our time to go to the park. We usually have to wake them to make it for the 9 am opening.

I have to agree with dmaz. We were there June 4-13. the first couple of days we did early entry. It was just to crowded. After then we went to a park that did not have EE that day. This is the first trip we did not do EE. My 15 year old son was glad we skipped EE. EE has worked for us in the past; however, this trip we did better without it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter