Early January - BCV or BWV 2 bed??

amystevekai&bump

DIS Veteran
Hi all:wave2:

I am looking at staying at either Beach Club Villas or Boardwalk Villas for 5 nights in January. I had originally hoped for a Boardwalk view 2 bed at BWV, but there is currently a day missing in the middle of my proposed visit, so it got me looking at other options.

I had already convinced myself that BWV was ideal as we are planning to visit Beaches n Cream/ Cape May Café over at BCV, as well as walking to and from DHS and Epcot. :)

Having visited once before at this time of year in 2010, we experienced really cold weather, so I really liked the idea of being able to sit on the balcony at BWV and people watch if we just wanted to stay at 'home' some of the time. Obviously I know the views at BCV are not very good, and I am also thinking the pools might not be a consideration if the temperature is low too.

So I was just wanting to know your thoughts - would you try to waitlist for a BWV 2 bed or go for the BCV 2 bed? (It looks like I might be able to get a dedicated 2 bed there - which would be great as we are travelling with my 2 young sons and my mom & don't really want a separate door/studio kitchen - though that's only a minor thing as I know that's what we would have to have at BWV anyway).

Many thanks for any opinions:thumbsup2

Hi all:wave2:

I am looking at staying at either Beach Club Villas or Boardwalk Villas for 5 nights in January. I had originally hoped for a Boardwalk view 2 bed at BWV, but there is currently a day missing in the middle of my proposed visit, so it got me looking at other options.

I had already convinced myself that BWV was ideal as we are planning to visit Beaches n Cream/ Cape May Café over at BCV, as well as walking to and from DHS and Epcot. :)

Having visited once before at this time of year in 2010, we experienced really cold weather, so I really liked the idea of being able to sit on the balcony at BWV and people watch if we just wanted to stay at 'home' some of the time. Obviously I know the views at BCV are not very good, and I am also thinking the pools might not be a consideration if the temperature is low too.

So I was just wanting to know your thoughts - would you try to waitlist for a BWV 2 bed or go for the BCV 2 bed? (It looks like I might be able to get a dedicated 2 bed there - which would be great as we are travelling with my 2 young sons and my mom & don't really want a separate door/studio kitchen - though that's only a minor thing as I know that's what we would have to have at BWV anyway).

Many thanks for any opinions:thumbsup2

If you waitlist BCV, you will have to give up one category since you can only have two. There are only 25 dedicated two bedroom villas with two queen beds in the second bedroom. The other dedicated two bedroom villas have one queen bed and one double sleeper sofa because they are smaller than the other dedicated two bedroom villas. And then there is the lockoff.

At BWV, you could go with the preferred view, non-BW view since that is about 60 % of the total villas. And all two bedroom villas at BWV are lockoffs. None are dedicated.

Thank you Deb - that's great info:thumbsup2

Does anyone recommend BCV in January? Just wondered whether the pool is redundant - in which case is BCV still worth staying at?:confused3

Plus is Garden/pool view worth the points at BWV?

If only there had been the boardwalk view available then my decision would have been easy!!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter