Early November Crowds

DaisyNY

DIS Veteran
We will be at CBR 11/5 to 11/10. Thought this would be a slower time to visit but it seems as if there are not alot of room vacancies. Any idea of crowds to expect and best days to visit which parks? MK has Spectromagic only on Saturday, will we get slammed by crowds????

We were there a week later than that last November and it was great. Your problem will be that that's the the weekend before a holiday ( 11/11 -Veteran's day) and a lot of people take the four day weekend. I believe its also Jersey week and if I'm not mistaken Super Soaps weekend. Might be a bit crowded.

I'm also going in early November & was hoping for minimal crowds

Do you know the dates of Super Soap weekend?
Is Super Soap just at MGM?
Do you know the dates of Jersey week?
Any other major events/holidays in early November?

We were there the first week in November in 2000 and found the crowds to be ok. A little busy but really not bad. We'll also be there from 11/1 to 11/5 this year.

There are a lot of things going on during that following weekend and it is a holiday weekend too.

But, keep in mind that there are still many conventions going on at this time. I believe Oct/Nov are peak convention times at WDW and that would also be the reason there isn't a lot of room availability. (we ran into this in 2000, the CM told me it's peak convention time in Oct and it sometimes spills into early Nov).

If I'm not mistaken Super Soap weekend is the weekend of Veteran's? (correct me if I'm wrong), but if you want to avoid that just go to another park (other than MGM)...no other holidays in early Nov and I do believe that NJ week is the first week of Nov peaking later in the week when DaisyNY will be there. I remember reading the majority of the teacher's meetings are later in the week.

Oh and the Food & Wine Feastival is going on at this time at EPCOT. They have different functions going on but still nothing to make it unbearalby crowded.

It may be a little crowded but certainly not like "holiday" times or peak times so just try to plan to go to the parks early. Spectro might be busy if they don't add more dates (kinda disappointed there is none while we're there but that's subject to change).

ENJOY!

We have been to Disney at least three times that I can think of at the beginning of November and have had a great time every time. We avoid MGM when the Soap Weekend is on but other than that we just go to the parks that do not have EE that day and have never found really bad crowds, for the most part. We usually go for 10 or more days so on the occasions when we do find a long line and do not have a FP we just pass it by until later.

I enjoy the special events this time of year along with the cooler weather and this is our favorite time to go.

Best wishes and hope to see you there!

SG/Linda

Thanks for the advice. We last visited Disney end of Easter week, and though it wasn't too bad, I was hoping for the experience we've had when we went other times off season, - no lines, able to go on attractions, again and again. Anyway, can't complain this is our all girl vacation. First time, myself and DD's
8 and 15 are going away without the guys. Watch out Disneyworld!!!!

Daisy, what wonderful memories you guys will have. Just make sure to make the most of your Fast Passes and have a blast!!!

SG/Linda

DaisyNY --I spoke to Member Services today regarding the fireworks in the Magic Kingdom (called Wishes something or other) during our stay, 11/1 to 11/9. This is what I was told:

Times for Wishes/Fireworks in the MK
Nov 1 @ 8pm
Nov 2 @ 7pm
Nov 4 @ 7:30pm
Nov 6 @ 8pm
Nov 8 @ 10pm
Nov 9 @ 7pm

Hope this is helpful!

I'm going to be arriving on the 8th. The 7-9 is the Festival of the Masters @DTD, 8-9 is Super Soap Weekend at MGM, plus the on going Food &Wine Festival at Epcot. Plus the week before is Jersey Week and the Tuesday after is Veterans Day. It should be very busy!

If you're not interested in SS or FoM, I figure the best parks to be at over the weekend are Epcot and AK (IMHO). I read on an earlier thread that a family went to MGM on Super Soap weekend, and all though it was really crowded, the lines for the rides were very short (most people going for the celebrities). Hope that helps.

One more ???, MK hours on 11/6 show that they are open till 7PM and fireworks at 8 PM. Do the attractions close at 7? Are the restaurants and shops open until 8? Thanks.

Just so everyone knows what Jersey week is:

Every year, the NJ teachers hold their convention and in-service training during the week that contains both the first Thursday and Friday of November. This year, that means it is the 6th and 7th. Next year it is earlier in the month.

During that time school is closed across the state those days. Some communities close even more days, up to the entire week, making it the perfect time for families to go to WDW and miss the least amount of school.

This is why Jersey folks run into neighbors there and the hotels are sold out!

Hope that helps....

Paul

Originally posted by DaisyNY
One more ???, MK hours on 11/6 show that they are open till 7PM and fireworks at 8 PM. Do the attractions close at 7? Are the restaurants and shops open until 8? Thanks.

I saw that too and waswondering about it. I suspect it is a typo unless.... maybe that is an E-ticket night! Time will tell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter