Early Planning Stages

DRS_Are_Best

Mouseketeer
Hi there --

It's been about 6 years since my last WDW trip and my husband and I are booking our next one for the end of the year (early December). I have a 10 year old son and 8 year old twins (girl/boy, both Autistic). The twins are more like 5 (boy) and 6 (girl) developmentally speaking.

What are some suggestions for the MUST DOs and the STAY AWAY FROMS for things that we want to do as a family? We'll be staying at Port Orleans.

TIA!

I just want to say you picked an awesome resort. Are you at POFQ or POR? Both are nice and have plenty of quite areas to kinda decompress from the stress of the parks.

You know your kids best and considering two kids on the spectrum, I don't think anyone can really tell you what to do or not to do. My little dd has ASD and there was really nothing she couldn't do. We did avoid dark rides because she is afraid of the dark, but then again, my then 7 year old didn't enjoy the dark rides either. ;) She didn't need a DAS because she doesn't have a problem with waiting. Well, I mean, she hates it like the other two kid who don't have ASD. ;)

See what the Disabilities Board says, but you won't really be limited to anything. You'll have so much fun. The kids will love it. Don't worry about it at all :)

We're staying at POR-R. This is one of the only resorts that is (1) in our budget and (2) offers rooms for our family of 5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter