• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Earning money on YouTube

And if all the things written by AI bots are that clumsy it will certainly be obvious to anyone reading them. Those worried about AI taking over the world probably don't need to worry as much................LOL.

Yea, I thought the same thing. The grammar/syntax seems awfully clumsy, overly technical and/or someone who isn't good at speaking English wrote that. And who writes in the 3rd person? Like when I first read it was thinking..............what's your point???...............LOL. Reads more like something a robot would say !!!
Yeah, reading it, it's like a post about the thread, yet it seems to have nothing to do with anything at all.

People typically don't say "query" casually. I swear, the last time I saw anyone say "query" it was dialogue from a robot in some story or something like The Architect would say in Matrix Reloaded.

Also, nobody but a bot says it's "It's commendable that the user is willing to watch ads..."
That reeks of "It's advisable for all organic lifeforms to proceed to the Processing Station in a uniform manner."

Earning money on YouTube is a great opportunity but don't forget it's not that easy. Personally, I consider online business is the best option for me. By creating engaging content, building a loyal audience, and leveraging monetization methods like ads and sponsorships, I can generate income. Additionally, automating work https://apix-drive.com/en/blog processes allows me to focus on creating quality content and growing my business.

Last edited:

Question…how do the people who mainly live stream make their money, other than people gifting it during the live stream? We watch both Ron on the Go and ResortTV1 live a good bit but there aren’t any commercials.

I'm curious how ad revenue works for the YouTuber if you the viewer have a YouTube paid account which removes ads?

Isn't 1K also the number of subscribers needed to get one of those shiny YouTube play button plaques?
It's 100K. My daughter is almost half way there so I hear a lot about this stuff.

There are cruise vloggers who make their entire living off YouTube. One guy posted some of the metrics from YouTube and he can make $1,000 a day with a good video, and he generally posts every day. Of course he has to pay his cruise fare, air fare etc, and he gets the most expensive internet package so he can upload his videos so that all has to be deducted from than $1,000.

There are cruise vloggers who make their entire living off YouTube. One guy posted some of the metrics from YouTube and he can make $1,000 a day with a good video, and he generally posts every day. Of course he has to pay his cruise fare, air fare etc, and he gets the most expensive internet package so he can upload his videos so that all has to be deducted from than $1,000.
And then presumably from his taxes as a business expense.

And then presumably from his taxes as a business expense.
Yes, but you have to be careful because the IRS can be tricky on unconventional jobs. Someone who vacations for a living has to be careful the IRS doesn't look at your books at declare your job is really a hobby and not deductible.

Emma from Emma Cruises made a post on her website how she earns her money as a content creator. Her ads on youtube are only part of it.

https://emmacruises.com/7-ways-i-make-money-as-a-full-time-travel-content-creator-tools-resources/

Being a travel content creator will probably take longer to start making money because travel can be expensive.

I have heard of Emma, but don't know if she is also a Travel Agent like a lot of the travel vloggers are.
She isn't herself, but she has an agreement with a travel agent. If you request a quote via her website, it ends up at the travel agent, I believe.

She is my current favourite cruise vlogger. She is very likeable.

Was just looking at La Lido Loca and Emma Cruises (#3 and #4 of the list of biggest cruise focused vloggers, according to Gary Bembridge of Tips for Travellers).

More videos per month can result in more views total, but it doesn't necessarily equal more subscribers of higher view counts per video (and the more a video is watched, the more likely YouTube will recommend it to others)

La Lido Loca is at since Apr 2017
224K subscribers
2.4K videos
75.2 million views
On average 31K views per video

Emma is at since Dec 2016:
246K subscribers
634 videos
55.2 million views
On average 87K views per video

And regardless of how many 'views' someone gets, if the ads are for things I don't want (or I use some kind of adblock) then none of that mattters from an advertiser perspective.

Last edited:
She isn't herself, but she has an agreement with a travel agent. If you request a quote via her website, it ends up at the travel agent, I believe.

She is my current favourite cruise vlogger. She is very likeable.
I'll have to take a look. Some of the vloggers that are travel agents seem to make some rookie traveler mistakes. Not knowing that you need 6 months left on your passport in most cases to travel abroad. Or leading a tour for a week and not confirming the return transportation to the airport until the day before it was needed, only to find that the transportation company had closed already for the day and could not be reached, so he had to find an alternate way to get his tour to the airport.
I bring a bias having worked in TV for 42 years Producing content. Many of these vloggers posts are WAY too long, usually because they say everything three times instead of once. Once your video gets to 5 minutes, you need to start thinking about editing it down.

Last edited:
Sorry if this was shared, but someone posted 100k subscribers needed which is incorrect.

1000 subscribers
AND either
4000 watch hours in 365 days or
10 million public shorts views in the last 90 days

20230704_200026.jpg

Sorry if this was shared, but someone posted 100k subscribers needed which is incorrect.

1000 subscribers
AND either
4000 watch hours in 365 days or
10 million public shorts views in the last 90 days

View attachment 776012
Not sure if 100K was mentioned more than once, but my mention of it was the point at which you are sent a YouTube button plaque.

Or try getting a real job instead !!! Anyone going around claiming to be an 'influencer' (i.e. paid advertiser) goes on my IGNORE list..................LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter