Ease of ECV getting on to monorail?

wendylovesdisney

DIS Veteran
How easy is it to get on the monorail with an ECV? We will be with my Mother at Disney and she gets embarrassed easy. We are staying at the Poly resort. If we rent from Walkers, will she be able to get around easily? I am just trying to prepare myself...
-Wendy

Hi, Wendy!

The monorail is very easy for people using ECV's. My Mom had no problem at all and she was very far from an experienced ECV driver. There are certain cars that have a handicapped sticker outside of the doors and they are a bit bigger. The CM will put down the ramp and your mom can just drive right on straight ahead. Then when she wants to get off at the monorail stop, they put the ramp down and she is positioned perfectly to back right out. The main trick is to drive straight ahead at the low speed and not turn the ECV at all so she can back off at the low speed easily.

Hope you have a great trip!

Figaro gave a good explanation. In addition let the CM know where you are planning to get off the monorail, & they can call ahead to let the station know.

There are two sets of tracks for the monorail, the Express and the Resorts beams.

The Express trains board and exit at the same side, so you will have to drive on and back off. This does not matter if you start at the TTC or MK.

The Resort Beam will sometimes allow you to exit going forward, depending on where you got on and where you get off. The following sides are refered to when you are facing to the front of the train: Poly & GF, board and exit on the right; CT board and exit on the left; TTC, board left and exit right; MK, Board right and exit left. This means if you are going from the Poly or GF to the Magic Kingdom or CT you exit going forward. If you are going from MK to CT, or from CT to either Poly or GF you also exit forward.

By the way, when you board on the Resort Beam, the person who handles the ramp MUST ask you for your destination. When you get there, if you do not see a person with a ramp have someone from your group make sure the CM knows you have to exit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter