"Easiest" Time to Book VGC?

timandjanl

Mouseketeer
I know VGC is small and hard to get without the home resort booking window. But is there any time of year that is known to be an easier time to get it at 7 months out?

I'd say that January and February (excluding holidays - especially valentines day) are some of the easiest to book. It can be rainy and cooler in CA and is one of the slower times.

I was able to book a sunday-thursday started September 8 exactly seven months out. But the weekends booked up almost immediately after. So it can be done, but it does take knowing EXACTLY when you want to go and being quick on the trigger to get it done.

I know VGC is small and hard to get without the home resort booking window. But is there any time of year that is known to be an easier time to get it at 7 months out?

I was able to book march 23 (sun-thurs ) at the seven month mark.

Not so sure it is as hard as one might think. Like WDW, it likely has its higher and lower demand times. On checking for 2014 in the last couple months, I have seen that you could get anything there at 7 months out for all of Feb and March 2014. However I remember checking for last Sep and everything was difficult then.

I booked two studios for 5 nights at the end of January 2014. I would not call it "easy": I walked one of the reservations and after I booked mine exactly at 8am, no other studio was available.

Last year I succeeded to book 5 nights as well in April (far from Easter), but I had to cancel that reservation.

Studios are the moving target, one bedrooms and dedicated two bedrooms are a bit easier to get.

I was able to book our June 2013 trip at 7 months out. We were in a Studio for 8 nights (we did other things around the DLR area too) and we were there the first week of June. I do know what you mean about wanting to know the easier times to book because when we did, DH and I logged onto MS right when online booking opened up and was able to secure 7 nights, however later in the day I noticed that some of our dates were already filled up. Luckily the next day, I was able to secure one more night for our trip (called right when MS opened up). Good luck getting what you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter