Easily added a watch face to my magicband

How does looking at the time on your phone run the battery down?

You have to look at your screen to see the time. Between keeping track of FP and ADR's and parades and staying on track...run down battery.

This is super cute, but will it work? When we were there you really had to get the mickey head to the mickey head to make it turn green...does that make sense?

I never wear a watch normally but wearing the magic band I found myself looking for the the time. It was driving me crazy.
I wear a watch but still looked at that band a million times and it still never showed me the time LOL. Agree--I'm stunned Disney hasn't made a slider with a watch face. Very creative!

Mrzrich,

Thanks so much for your "timely" tip! I bought the watch on Amazon and attached it to my Magic Band on our recent trip and it was great! I got lots of "That's brilliant!" comments throughout our stay ... thanks for making me look smart!

hmm. I just wear a watch, either beside my magic band or on the other wrist. seems just as easy to me. it's cool if people like the look of adding a watch face to their band, but it doesn't seem any easier than wearing a watch to me. :confused3

hmm. I just wear a watch, either beside my magic band or on the other wrist. seems just as easy to me. it's cool if people like the look of adding a watch face to their band, but it doesn't seem any easier than wearing a watch to me. :confused3

It's not necessarily "easier" than wearing a watch, but less of an annoyance for most people. I don't like wearing anything on my wrists (even bracelets), so I'd rather have to wear one thing that does two jobs than two things that only do one job each.

I just pulled out all of my old Disney watches thanks to this thread. Of course they all need new batteries, hmm. I wonder how much it is to have a watch cleaned and replace the battery. I had no luck getting the back off myself and I scratched it :(.

that makes sense, pemeberly. to me, adding a watch face seems like it would add more bulk to the magic band in a way that wouldn't be comfortable, but I regularly wear things on my wrists.

I just pulled out all of my old Disney watches thanks to this thread. Of course they all need new batteries, hmm. I wonder how much it is to have a watch cleaned and replace the battery. I had no luck getting the back off myself and I scratched it :(.

where I live (canada) batteries are easily replaced at most department stores (mid-range ones, anyways). it generally costs 10-15$. I would clean the watch myself with rubbing alcohol, but you might be able to find somewhere that will do it for you?

that makes sense, pemeberly. to me, adding a watch face seems like it would add more bulk to the magic band in a way that wouldn't be comfortable, but I regularly wear things on my wrists.

where I live (canada) batteries are easily replaced at most department stores (mid-range ones, anyways). it generally costs 10-15$. I would clean the watch myself with rubbing alcohol, but you might be able to find somewhere that will do it for you?
Thanks, I think I could deal with it being that much since it's a watch from my childhood. I think I'll clean it myself with an old toothbrush.

In our area, there are a couple of Jewelry & Watch shops. Usually a little tiny shop in a strip mall in our case. At the one nearest to me, if I buy the new battery there from the guy (about $8-$10) he will install it and clean the watch (face, back, and gears) for free. He also repaired my old favorite irreplaceable Mickey watch for me for about $10. You could probably check online or in the phone book for your area. Most places that do jewelry repair also do watches. :)

In our area, there are a couple of Jewelry & Watch shops. Usually a little tiny shop in a strip mall in our case. At the one nearest to me, if I buy the new battery there from the guy (about $8-$10) he will install it and clean the watch (face, back, and gears) for free. He also repaired my old favorite irreplaceable Mickey watch for me for about $10. You could probably check online or in the phone book for your area. Most places that do jewelry repair also do watches. :)
Oh yay! Thanks. I checked and there's a watch repair place in the mall near me. I can wait to see mickey's arms moving again.

I had a dream last night that I got the watch open and there was no battery in it, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter