Easter Dinner

Sending positive vibes for your dad's recovery! Your Thanksgiving plans sound lovely and heartwarming. Sometimes simplicity is just what's needed, especially during challenging times. Wishing you and your family a peaceful and enjoyable gathering, regardless of the circumstances.

We're going to my in-laws' for breakfast on Easter morning. I think it'll be normal breakfast fare (bacon, eggs, waffles maybe.) We're going to my parents' in the afternoon. I grew up with traditional easter dinner (ham, etc) but it was never a favorite and my niece has particular food preferences (she's not technically vegan, but no meat, no dairy, etc.) so instead of the traditional meal, we're doing a spaghetti dinner (choice of sauce, salad, bread, etc.)

Going over to by BIL & SIL's Saturday, I think they are having turkey. I've offered to bring a dessert and/or side but I'm still waiting to hear if they need it or not. Sunday is just me & my husband, we will be having a rack of lamb and I'm not sure what side(s) yet.

Earlier today I googled "traditional Easter dessert" and most sites had a list of 20-65 Easter desserts. I wasn't interested in suggestions about what to make, I was more curious what is considered to be a traditional Easter dessert.

Is there one? I remember my mother making a bunny cake, but I hardly think that would be considered the traditional Easter dessert. Any thoughts?

Earlier today I googled "traditional Easter dessert" and most sites had a list of 20-65 Easter desserts. I wasn't interested in suggestions about what to make, I was more curious what is considered to be a traditional Easter dessert.

Is there one? I remember my mother making a bunny cake, but I hardly think that would be considered the traditional Easter dessert. Any thoughts?

Since there's so much candy around, there really isn't one.

I mean, the most traditional is more brunchy than desserty - the Hot Cross Bun.

The bunny cake is another.

For me, I always think pavlova or something with lemon and/or strawberry. You can combo the 3 with pavlova.

I’m looking for a good make ahead quiche recipe that travels well. If anyone has any ideas, let me know! Am going to be watching my little grandson on Easter and want to make a picnic to bring over. 🐰 🐣 💐

Quiche travels readily. It’s true picnic food in France. What filling are you wanting?
Going off into the “wilds of the kitchen” for awhile so found this basic recipe and including:

IMG_0522.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0521.jpeg
    IMG_0521.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 3

Was this the bunny from the Betty Crocker Index cards? OH MY I soooo want you to say yes.Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 2.31.22 PM.png

Was this the bunny from the Betty Crocker Index cards? OH MY I soooo want you to say yes.View attachment 844986
How cute is that! And . . . I hesitate . . . to say . . . it's not the one my mother made :sad:

She made the one where you bake cake in two round pans, use one circle for the head and then cut ears and bowtie out of the other.

I'm fine with anything that involves lots of frosting :thumbsup2

I hope your dad is feeling better soon and that you and your family enjoy your Easter 🐣

Our Easter meal will be Ham, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, sweet potato casserole, pineapple casserole, green bean casserole, roasted brussel sprouts, roasted carrots, corn and rolls. My mother in law is bringing Cole slaw, deviled eggs and 7 cup salad. Having some desserts from Sams club and an angel food/fruit trifle.

We are up to 20 people and we have a small house but we will find room for everyone!!

Spiral sliced ham
Scalloped Potatoes
Pineapple Casserole
Sweet Potato Casserole
Baked mac and cheese
Asparagus with Hollendaise Sauce
Rolls - Relish Tray
Lemon cheesecake
Easter Bunny Cake
Easter Sugar Cookies
Spring Punch

Easter egg hunt for the grandkids which include some golden eggs for the adults to find :)

Since I mentioned hot cross buns here, my daughter has decided she will attempt a dairy free, nut free (and knowing her, probably low sugar) version. We'll have it for breakfast in place of our normal turnovers, b/c those were not on sale...at all...so might as well try something new. And I'll have some raw honey around in case they aren't sweet enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter