Eastern excursions w/ 6 yr. old any suggestions?

amtmommy

Mouseketeer
Hi,
We are going on the Eastern 4/17/04, and were wondering what excursions are child friendly. Our dd (6) and we would like to do things with her rather than keep her on the boat. Or should be stick to walking around the shops and doing the beaches?
Thanks

I would highly recommend the five star trunk bay snorkle, It was one of the best excursions I have ever done. That is in St. Thomas (you take a boat to St. John) in St.Martin you may want to show her both sides of the island. The french side in particular is cool as they are really "french". in the cafe where we got a soda they did not speak english.. the dutch side is poorer but more "americanized". Neat shops on both sides.

My family went to Coral World with another family that we cruised with in January. There was one 4-year old and two 5-year olds. We took a taxi there, spent about an hour or so viewing the aquarium and other exhibits. It is not that big, but it was fun and interesting. We then walked across to Coki Beach and played in the sand and water and rented snorkle gear. We then took a taxi back. I would definitely recommend doing this. It is simple and everyone enjoyed it. I would also recommend getting there early (before it gets too crowded). I believe there is a web site for Coral World with a coupon. Good luck and have fun with whatever you choose to do!

On St. Maarten there are a couple of excursions that might interest you.

See and Sea which is a bus tour of some of the island (including the french side) and a "semi sub-marine" (ie glass bottom boat). So you would get a taste of the island and the ocean.

Island and Butterfly farm tour: tour the island and visit a butterfly farm.

Island Drive and Explorer cruise: Drive the island, hop a boat to Margot (the french side capitol).

Golden Eagle Catamaran: Fun excursion with sailing, snorkeling, beach party and just a lot of fun.

Goto DisneyCruise.com and click on Fun Ashore for more information on the excursions.

On our family reunion cruise in Dec., we hired a tour guide for our visit to St T. Our tour included highlites of the island, a delightful visit to 'Coral World' for the 7 grands, snorkling, followed by a picnic from the ship on Coki beach nx door, parasailing for the men, and a shopping spree in town before boarding ship. It was a fun filled day making many special memories. Enjoy the beautiful island of St T, you can't go wrong whatever you choose!

For info & coupon: http://www.coralworldvi.com/p05uwo.htm

We went last April with DS6. We didn't do any planned excursions, but we went to Coki beach by taxi. It was the best! we went early--before most people arrived. Some locals met us at the taxi and offered their services--we declined. We did however buy large dog biscuits from them 4/$1.00. You take them in the water and hold them about an inch under the surface. The fish would swim all around you and nibble at the bone. This is something my six year old son will NEVER forget!!! I can't tell you how much he has talked about this since the trip. We also took a dollar store swim ring to go deeper into the water and an underwater camera. It was a great way to spend the day without the cost of an official excursion!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter