Easy Beer Bread

MerryPoppins

<font color=coral>I posted around Woo Hooty time<b
My family loves this one. Does anyone have another beer or quick bread recipe?

Beer Bread

3 cups self-rising flour
1/4 - 1/2 c. sugar (depends on your taste, we like 1/2)
12 oz beer at room temperature

Mix dry ingredients. Spray loaf pan with pam. Preheat oven to 350. Add bear to dry ingredients. Blend just until flour is mixed. Bake 1 hour. Slices better when cool, but is best right out of the oven.

I've never made beer bread but this sounds good.
Does beer bread taste like the beer you use to make it?

I have made this many times, but I can't say I have ever used a fancy beer. It does have a beer flavor, so I suppose you could say it would taste different according to what beer you use. My kids 10 and 14 love it. With the added sugar the flavor is quite tasty. We often have this when I make a stew for dinner.

Hope you like it. :)

I've been paying $6 for a boxed mix and this is all it takes to make beer bread? Boy have I been duped!

Too easy, huh? Somewhere I have an herbed beer bread recipe. If I can find it I'll share it too. Here are a couple more. A friend gave me the Rock Bottom one and I haven't made it yet. The Bacon and Cheddar is very tasty.

ROCK BOTTOM BREWERY BEER BREAD

Source: Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery - Ahwatukee, Arizona

2 T. salt
3 T. baking powder
1 1/4 lb. flour
6 T. grated Cheddar cheese
6 T. granulated sugar
1/4 diced sweet red pepper
1/4 C. chopped scallions
2 C. beer

Combine all dry ingredients. Mix in cheese, peppers and onions. Add 1 1/2 cups beer; mix well. Add remaining 1/2 cup beer. Combine thoroughly. Bake in preheated 300ºF oven for 1 hour.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BACON AND CHEDDAR BEER BATTER BREAD

Source: unknown

4 slices lean bacon, crispy and crumbled
1/2 cup cheddar cheese chopped into very small cubes
3 cups self rising flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 can beer

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray loaf pan with vegetable oil spray.

Mix the flour, sugar, bacon and cheddar in a non-reactive bowl Add the can of beer - stir with wooden spoon. Spoon into the loaf pan.

Place top rack at upper part of the middle section in oven. Bake the bread on the rack for approximately 50 minutes - testing with cake tester or toothpick until after insertion it comes out clean. Remove from oven - let cool in the pan on a rack for at least 10 minutes - then remove from pan and continue to let cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter