Eat at Home 3!

Yesterday I made a big chef salad for DH and I with some leftover meat and veggies I wanted to use up instead of the tuna wraps. I made a menu for the next two weeks to use up some other things we need to and went grocery shopping after work yesterday- I finally got off at a decent time! DH also pulled out of the garage freezer the pheasant he got when he went to an organized shoot with his buddy that his work put on back before the pandemic (they got to invite a guest so DH got lucky!). I plan to grill tomorrow and next Sunday to take care of the main proteins. Here's the menu in no particular order:

grilled sweet ginger pork with dill broccoli
grilled glazed BBQ chicken with baked beans and salad
grilled pheasant with spinach and biscuits
grilled Asian steaks with pineapples and rice
black bean burritos
tuna veggie wraps with chips and dip
grilled hot dogs with fruit
Cajun grilled shrimp (chicken for DH) with lemony squash
chicken quesadillas with jalapenos and guacamole
grilled pheasant salad
grilled pork chops (I'll figure out a marinade and sides based on what we have)
Tex-Mex ravioli

So what are Tex mex hotdogs? Have I been missing these all my life?

Oh I just do weird variations of basic things, like hot dogs, pizza, meatloaf, burgers, tacos, etc. It's essentially adding things inspired by a cuisine or dish to something else. For these we had the option of topping the dogs with pepper jack cheese or shredded taco blend cheese, salsa, guacamole, and sour cream. I did cantaloupe with it because there are food trucks back in Texas with the yummiest cantaloupe drinks that I can't find here in SC.

Oh I just do weird variations of basic things, like hot dogs, pizza, meatloaf, burgers, tacos, etc. It's essentially adding things inspired by a cuisine or dish to something else. For these we had the option of topping the dogs with pepper jack cheese or shredded taco blend cheese, salsa, guacamole, and sour cream. I did cantaloupe with it because there are food trucks back in Texas with the yummiest cantaloupe drinks that I can't find here in SC.

Sounds delish! I do the “weird variations” thing with salads all the time but never thought about doing that with dogs. Perfect for summer! And sorry to hear about your drink woes .... I’m from the Carolinas and have never even heard of a cantaloupe drink. Maybe it’s a Texas thing???

Breakfast: Icelandic yogurt, fruit, yogurt
Lunch: Spicy veggie udon and sugar kiss melon
Dinner:
Sunday/Monday: Pad Thai
Tuesday: Thai green curry coconut shrimp and rice
Wednesday/Thursday: Teriyaki pork, rice, roasted brussels sprouts
Friday/Saturday: Asian peanut noodles with chicken

Breakfast: Icelandic yogurt, fruit, yogurt
Lunch: Spicy veggie udon and sugar kiss melon
Dinner:
Sunday/Monday: Pad Thai
Tuesday: Thai green curry coconut shrimp and rice
Wednesday/Thursday: Teriyaki pork, rice, roasted brussels sprouts
Friday/Saturday: Asian peanut noodles with chicken

What is Icelandic yogurt? I eat yogurt every day for lunch but I'd love to try a new kind.
Also what is sugar kiss melon? Do you have to get it at a specialty store? I've never seen it here.
PS- I'm coming to your house for dinner on Tuesday! I love curry, coconut, and shrimp, but those are three things DH doesn't like so I could never make that for us, but it sounds amazing! (If I make shrimp for DS's and I, I have to make another meat for DH, and I put curry into things for me but not him, like I just made a really good curry egg salad for my lunches a week ago.)

What is Icelandic yogurt? I eat yogurt every day for lunch but I'd love to try a new kind.
Also what is sugar kiss melon? Do you have to get it at a specialty store? I've never seen it here.
PS- I'm coming to your house for dinner on Tuesday! I love curry, coconut, and shrimp, but those are three things DH doesn't like so I could never make that for us, but it sounds amazing! (If I make shrimp for DS's and I, I have to make another meat for DH, and I put curry into things for me but not him, like I just made a really good curry egg salad for my lunches a week ago.)

Icelandic Yogurt is delicious. It is a super thick yogurt, similar to Greek yogurt, but higher in protein and not as sour tasting. Very smooth. Skyr is another name for it.

Sugar kiss melon is amazing. I got mine at Meijer so not a specialty store. It is newer though so all stores may not have it yet. It's like a cantaloupe and a honeydew got together and had a super sweet and juicy baby melon.

And come on over! As you can see, I make a lot of "Asian" inspired meals. It's my favorite type of food. Everything from Japanese, to Chinese, Thai, Korean, and even Indian (not "Asian" I know, but it's how I mentally combine things). I LOVE different types of curry. Thai is my favorite though. Not as heavy and a bit fresher in my opinion. Doesn't mean I don't have an Indian of Japanese curry here and there though!

Sunday: Rotisserie chicken, baked potato, rolls, cranberry sauce
Monday: Tacos, Chips, Guac
Tuesday: Leftovers
Wednesday: Spicy chicken sausage, steamed broccoli, baked potato
Thursday: Zucchini and mushrooms for mom, Pasta with meat sauce, garlic bread
Friday: Sweet Potato Hash
Saturday: Cook out with in-laws.
Sunday: Leaving for vacation so haven't planned what we will eat on travel day.

So I extend the menu at random apparently, because it doesn't follow a neat Sunday - Sunday format but here's what's up for now:

Thurs (today): Fried Chicken Mashed Potatoes
Fri: Gonna order Pizza
Sat: Hot Dogs, Burgers, Chips ('Merica!)
Sun: Grilled BLTs and Chips (gotta eat those chips)
Mon : Homemade Beer Battered Fish and Chips (the french fry kind)
Tues: Tacos/Nachos
Weds: Pulled Pork Sandwiches and Cole Slaw
Thurs: BBQ Meatballs and Mac and Cheese
Fri: Teriyaki Chicken and Fried Rice

So, I've been cooking this whole time, but I didn't post menus...oops...here's what we had...
Sun - Ritz Cracker and Fried Onion Baked Chicken Tenders, Mashed Potatoes, Homemade Coleslaw, Berries
Mon - Beef Tacos, Refried Beans with Cilantro, Onion, and Carmelized Onion, Clementines
Tues - Slow Roasted St Louis Style Ribs, Homemade Roasted Garlic Dill Potato Salad, Strawberries and Red Grapes
Wed - Jamaican Jerk Baked Chicken Breast (used a bottled sauce that was killer, and added olive oil, s&p), Bagged Poppy Seed Salad with Added Spinach, Strawberries and Red Grapes, Crescent Rolls
Thurs - Chili Cheese Dogs (I just ate mine with mustard and relish), Baked Curly Fries, Strawberries and Bananas
Fri - Spaghetti with Homemade Bolognese Sauce (with extra Veg), Last of Grapes
Sat - OUT

And again, I'm late...here's what he had/have...
Sun - Aldi Chicken Fries, Mashed Potatoes, Spinach Salad, Cherries
Mon - Baked Turkey Tenderloin, Pepperidge Farm Stuffing with Sauteed Onions/Celery/Carrots, Strawberries and Grapes
Tues - Ground Beef Tacos with Onions/Peppers/Avocado, Black Bean/Tomato/Corn/Onion Saute, Cherries
Wed - Cheesesteaks (no cheese for me) with Sauteed Onions/Peppers/Mushrooms, Baked Fries, Strawberries and Blueberries
Thursday - Pasta Bolognese, Last of Cherries and Bananas
Friday - OUT
Saturday - TBD (Grocery shopping that day - current plan is a baked/grilled fish with corn on the cob and fruit, but we'll see on the fish - could also do grilled hot dogs and smores with the corn and fruit)

And my plan is already out the window. This morning my grandmother finally passed away. It would have also been my mom's 70th birthday (she passed in 2013) so I think grandma didn't want to miss another birthday party. So they are now together on the other side.

Breakfast: Ham, egg, and pepper jack cheese sandwiches
Lunch: Veggie and black bean quesadillas, salad
Dinner:
Friday/Saturday: Deep dish pizza (frozen because it was easy)
Sunday: Bread, meat, and cheese
Monday - Wednesday: Hot dogs, onion rings, corn on the cob
Thursday: Pan fried tilapia, roasted zucchini, japanese sweet potato
Friday: Chicken fried rice

LilyWDW- I'm so sorry about your grandmother's passing, and on your mom's birthday I'm sure it was also terribly upsetting. (Coincidentally it was my older DS's birthday yesterday too.) I love your outlook though- that now they're able to celebrate together! Go with easy menus till you feel better!

And my plan is already out the window. This morning my grandmother finally passed away. It would have also been my mom's 70th birthday (she passed in 2013) so I think grandma didn't want to miss another birthday party. So they are now together on the other side.

Breakfast: Ham, egg, and pepper jack cheese sandwiches
Lunch: Veggie and black bean quesadillas, salad
Dinner:
Friday/Saturday: Deep dish pizza (frozen because it was easy)
Sunday: Bread, meat, and cheese
Monday - Wednesday: Hot dogs, onion rings, corn on the cob
Thursday: Pan fried tilapia, roasted zucchini, japanese sweet potato
Friday: Chicken fried rice

(((Big hugs))) I am sorry for your loss.

Back again. I shop and post biweekly. Here goes.
Monday I had leftover grilled burgers from the holiday so I chopped them up and made chili. Monday was chili nachos. Chopped up the leftover onions, tomatoes, lettuce for toppings.
Tuesday lemon grass chicken with riced veggies
Wednesday finish up leftover chili as chili Mac for family, chili zoodles for me
Thursday shrimp boil with roasted cauliflower instead of potatoes
Friday is chicken fajitas
Saturday Turkey burgers on the grill and salad
Sunday pork chops with roasted sweet potatoes and corn on the cob
Monday chops with Greek potatoes and carrots
Tuesday grilled steaks with a roasted romaine salad
Wednesday chicken curry over riced veggies
Thursday meatloaf with cauliflower "mac" n cheese
Friday probably a big charcuterie board with raw veggies. My DS got me a beautiful Disney serving board and I really want to use it.

Last edited:

I am so sorry for your loss. Sending thoughts and prayers.

Sunday: Grilled Chicken, baked potato
Monday: Sweet potato hash
Tuesday: chicken enchiladas
Wednesday: Zucchini Lasagna
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Homemade pizza

I've been cooking the last few weeks and not posting...I have a grocery run in the morning, but I did want to post yesterday and today...

Sun - Aldi Chicken Fries, Baked French Fries, Roasted Okra and Tomatoes, Cherries and Blueberries
Mon - Mussels and Ratatouille-inspired sauced Vermicelli, More Cherries and Blueberries (I love the red wine, eggplant, caper mussels flavor - it's such a great way to stretch frozen mussel meat which I got really cheaply from Hmart:))...

My plan this week is
M - Philly cheese steaks, Sweet potato fries
T - Turkey stroganoff, Broccoli, fruit
W - Crunchy pork chops, Rice pilaf, Squash
T - Calzones, Salad
F - Steaks and baked potatoes!

Plan for this week, which includes grilling tomorrow to make it easier during the week:

burgers with grilled potato salad
spicy BBQ chicken strips with garden cucumber salad
chili dogs with street corn cobs
spicy turkey sliders with homemade baked beans (ok, the beans are canned, but the sauce is homemade!)
strawberry garden salad with ham
jambalaya with grilled sausage

I need to do better with eating at home. I had my biometric screening yesterday and it was not good. For once in my life I need to make my health the most important things. Not just my physical health (weight/BP/cholesterol) but my mental health (anxiety/depression/being who I really am).

This weeks meal plan is odd because I am off on bereavement through Wednesday, the funeral is Tuesday, and then Thursday we are having a work cookout/meeting starting at noon. So it's all weird!

Breakfast: Avocado toast, hardboiled eggs, fruit
Lunch: Salads
Dinner:
Tonight: L/O Fried Rice
Sunday: Breakfast sandwich
Monday-Thursday: Chicken taco salad
Friday: Steak, baked potato, roasted zucchini

Icelandic Yogurt is delicious. It is a super thick yogurt, similar to Greek yogurt, but higher in protein and not as sour tasting. Very smooth. Skyr is another name for it.

Sugar kiss melon is amazing. I got mine at Meijer so not a specialty store. It is newer though so all stores may not have it yet. It's like a cantaloupe and a honeydew got together and had a super sweet and juicy baby melon.

And come on over! As you can see, I make a lot of "Asian" inspired meals. It's my favorite type of food. Everything from Japanese, to Chinese, Thai, Korean, and even Indian (not "Asian" I know, but it's how I mentally combine things). I LOVE different types of curry. Thai is my favorite though. Not as heavy and a bit fresher in my opinion. Doesn't mean I don't have an Indian of Japanese curry here and there though!
I'd never heard of Icelandic yogurt until just now. I despise the sourness of Greek yogurt, but now you've given me hope that there may be a high-protein yogurt that actually tastes good too - fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter