**Edit: Sales to resume on 1/17** Disneyland to Resume Selling Select Magic Key Pass Today

I apologize for my confusion - but is there no price difference between a new magic key purchase and a renewal of a magic key?

Was already answered correctly, but wanted to give the date the renewal discount was removed: the increase that happened February 2018 for APs at DLR removed the renewal discount.

Got my key! It feels good to be say I’m a holder again after the aggravation and frustration of the part two years personally.

I’ve missed this. Already making reservations for the handful of doctors trips I got coming up.
?: when you got in queue and time to entry? ie. what was your Red tag wait :D

I ended up waiting less than 5 minutes from start to end. First time I looked it was 24 minutes and I accidentally closed the page. I had to take a call and when I logged in again the time had dropped down to a 4 minute wait before I was able to get the page to purchase.

Maybe can someone answer...with the "Magic Key" when does the year window start? If I purchased today and did not use it for 4 months, when does the year window begin? Hope that makes sense.
I really miss the old AP's.

Maybe can someone answer...with the "Magic Key" when does it the year window start? If I purchased today and did not use it for 4 months, when does the year window begin? Hope that makes sense.
I really miss the old AP's.
It starts when you first use it to enter the parks.

It starts when you first use it to enter the parks.
How long of a window do you have for your first park visit?

Answer: One Year from purchase.

HOWEVER, after expiration the dollars go into a holding value and you can use the dollars to repurchase another ticket in the future. It could go into a new Magic Key Purchase at that time, but NOT towards a renewal.

Does anyone know if you can transfer an unused or expired DL ticket to a WDW ticket at the ticket booth?

Answer: No

Last edited:
I’m not entirely sure of the exact time stamp on entry. Because I didn’t think to look or screenshot. But I think I got in it around 11 am my time which would be 10 PST. And I got the ‘next in line’ message at 11:38 PST. And took me about five minutes due to an error on my end to buy it.

So just over an hour and a half from entry to purchase complete.

Can you change your key preference at renewal? Or can you only renew at the current key if they are not in active sales?

Answer: (per Kender) At renewal, you can renew to any level that is available for renewal. It does not have to be actively for sale. That only applies if you want to upgrade before your renewal window.

Last edited:
Entered the que around 11am, purchased imagine pass at 1:30, so 2-1/2 hour wait. Paid full $449 price and hope to get my 3-day park hopper $279 refunded. Terms and Conditions seem to accommodate this but web purchase did not provide the option. Did not want to wait and lose out so I went ahead with purchase. I’ve sent an email asking how to get a refund and will call the 800 Number when things calm down. Hopefully can do this at a ticket booth.

I talked to ticketing by phone and was told that there is no way to apply existing tickets to a Magic Key today UNLESS you are able to go to a ticket booth at Disneyland today. He said the Disneyland ticket booths are selling Magic Keys today - so sales are not online only.

Can you change your key preference at renewal? Or can you only renew at the current key if they are not in active sales?

Answer: You can only change if something is in active sales

What? Not sure if you just worded this poorly, but that's not true.

At renewal, you can renew to any level that is available for renewal. It does not have to be actively for sale. That only applies if you want to upgrade before your renewal window.

What? Not sure if you just worded this poorly, but that's not true.

At renewal, you can renew to any level that is available for renewal. It does not have to be actively for sale. That only applies if you want to upgrade before your renewal window.
Ah, then I misunderstood what the cast member meant. Thank you for the clarification.

I am now the holder of an Inspire Magic Key!

Entered the que around 11am, purchased imagine pass at 1:30, so 2-1/2 hour wait. Paid full $449 price and hope to get my 3-day park hopper $279 refunded. Terms and Conditions seem to accommodate this but web purchase did not provide the option. Did not want to wait and lose out so I went ahead with purchase. I’ve sent an email asking how to get a refund and will call the 800 Number when things calm down. Hopefully can do this at a ticket booth.
We already used 1 Day earlier this month.

Queue: 1145; purchased 230pm

Will activate the imagine key sometime after summer to start the clock since we have the 3day to use up for remainder of this spring.

Hmm, friend entered queue shortly after 10 and wasn't able to get imagine....I wonder how they randomize people (if they do)

Hmm, friend entered queue shortly after 10 and wasn't able to get imagine....I wonder how they randomize people (if they do)
Imagine Key is still available for purchase, but only for Southern California residents. She would need to be logged into an account that has a SoCal address, or there is a tricky little place that shows you the Imagine Key when you put in your zip code.

Imagine Key is still available for purchase, but only for Southern California residents. She would need to be logged into an account that has a SoCal address, or there is a tricky little place that shows you the Imagine Key when you put in your zip code.

Wow. She is logged onto her account. Even i tried on my account and it wouldn't show. Weird

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter