Egypt 2011 ***IMPORTANT UPDATE 2/4/11 Post # 190***

We are booked on the December 27 trip. I had some concerns over the past several weeks and was considering cancelling our trip but I now feel that visiting Egypt this year will be like visiting Berlin after the Wall came down. Also, I think they are desperate for tourists to start returning and we may see some price reductions as well. Right now we are holding on to our reservations.

I'm travelling independantly to Cairo at the end of June for a wedding. I'm very excited about it. I have absolutely no concerns about safety. I've closely been following the news and reading travel forums and the area seems pretty stable despite everything that went on. The people there are anxious to get the tourists back. I'm just glad that the money I spend will go to the people rather than a dictator. From what I hear and read things are getting back to normal. I'm sure by June everything I want to see will be open.

Yes, it's sad. We know of someone who frequented the area and was actually surprised that the tour was canceled. Things get back to normal really fast after an uprising as history have shown. I was willing to wait a few more months before cancelling our August trip but ABD went ahead and did so and I had no choice but to do something else. Anyway, we are still heading to Egypt some other time and wait till my daughter is a little older. :)

Also, I think they are desperate for tourists to start returning and we may see some price reductions as well. Right now we are holding on to our reservations.

MickeyWatch... if Disney brings the tour back next year.... I have my doubts that, even if Egypt reduces prices, the tour price will be anything but more expensive... I still have hopes of one day going... but cheaper and with ABD may be a contradiction in terms

I'm not going there until they figure out who is going to be in charge.

I have to agree. The minute we heard that elections were not until September, we decided to cancel for December. If things go smoothly, maybe we'll go next year.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter